Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Support Group

8 posts in this topic

:rolleyes: If anyone knows of a support group in the Seneca, Anderson, Greenville area of South Carolina please let me know---or if anyone is looking to start a support group in this area of South Carolina I would be very interested in helping or starting one. Thanks

Ads by Google:

Hi Naradowski: My in-laws like in Anderson and there is a support group in Gwinnett County, GA, about 1 hour away from you, here is the link:

Celiac Support Group, Ga

Here is another link:

S.C. Support Group

I hope this helps you out....

:rolleyes: Thank-you Stacie I'll look into both of these Judy Naradowski

Hi Judy. I received this email from another online support group and thought I would pass it on to you:

Support Group - Columbia, South Carolina

Celiac Disease Support Group meeting on Saturday at 2:00pm

(Columbia) Jan. 29, 2004 - Imagine not being able to eat anything containing wheat, rye or barley. The protein gluten is found in those grains, and people with Celiac Disease can not have anything with gluten in it.

Celiac Disease is often misdiagnosed as Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

To learn more about Celiac Disease and how it could be affecting you, you're invited to the Celiac Disease Support Group meeting on Saturday at 2:00pm.

It's at the Women's Breast Center on Sumter Street at Palmetto Baptist Hospital. A special speaker from California will be there

Hey!

I live in Greenville, SC with celiac disease. I also wish there was a support group. Though I am only 14 years old, my mom knows as much about celiac as I do if you would rather communicate w/ her. So, if you have any questions or suggestions having to do with local restaurants, foods, etc. I may know the answer or I can help you. And vice versa. :D

-Ginny

P.S. What is your favorite restaurant?

Hi I am from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and I diffenitly need a support group. If only I could find one person to talk to. I am so confused, and getting no where with the Doctors and Dietians in this area.

I have been doing very well with the gluten-free diet for the past 2 months. Now the diarhea is back, and stomach is feeling bloated again. I know this must mean I am getting gluten somewhere, but haven't been able to find the source.

I am knew to this site, and not sure how to navigate it. I have posted a couple of times, but have seen no reply, and don't even see my posting.

I keep reading everything posted, and I find satisfaction in this, knowing I am not alone. I am so feed up with the Doctors responses!

T-Bell in C.R.

Hi T-Bell

Here is a list of support groups in your state:

Iowa

Carroll - Resource:

121 S. Maple St.

Carroll, IA 51401-3123

Tel: (712) 792-5866

E-mail: hump@win-4-u.net

Cedar Rapids - Resource:

P.O. Box 293

Van Horne, IA 52346

Tel: (319) 228-8428

Davenport - Support Group

Quad City Celiac Group

4846 Armil Place

Davenport, Iowa 52806

Tel: (563) 391-2968

E-mail: wentworth@netexpress.net

Dubuque - Resource:

1742 330th Ave.

Dyersville, IA 52040

Tel: (319) 875-8747

E-mail: boeckenk@nicc.cc.ia.us

Iowa City - Support Group

Iowa City Celiacs

735 Michael St. #32

Iowa City, IA 52246

Tel: (319) 337-9521

Oskaloosa - Resource:

804 South 9th

Oskaloosa, IA 52577

Tel: (515) 673-7580

E-mail: coc@se-iowa.net

Tipton - Support Group

Living Free Celiac Disease Support Group

Tipton, Iowa 52772

Tel: (319) 886-6255

E-mail: jdrollinger@msn.com

Waverly - Support Group

Contact 1: Betty Bast

Eastern Iowa Celiacs

2028 190th St.

Waverly, IA 50677

Tel: (319) 352-4740

Contact 2: Kay Boeckenstedt

1742 330th Ave.

Dyersville, IA 52040

Tel: (319) 875-8747

E-mail: boeckenk@nicc.cc.ia.us

Contact 3: Joanne Eggleston

E-mail: ZEJG11A@prodigy.com

Waterloo - Support Group

Waterloo & Cedar Falls Celiacs

700 W. Ridgeway, Lot #604

Cedar Falls, IA 50613

Tel: (319) 277-0963

E-mail: ZEJG11B@prodigy.com

Stacie,

Thank you so much for the list. The group in Iowa City is not far from me. I will contact them.

I know Iowa City has one of 2 Celiac Doctors in the state of Iowa also.

Thank you again

Theresa