This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blue Diamond Nut Thins

wowzer

wowzer Community Regular

I bought a couple boxes of these crackers. They were in the gluten free area at my Meijer's. The box even says they are Proud sponsors of the Celiac Disease Foundation. Underneath the ingredients it says produced in a facility that also makes products containing: wheat, soy, pecans, and hazelnuts. What do you think of this? A little contradicting if you ask me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cajun celiac Rookie

I agree with you. Appears they would love to have Celiac's purchase their products but are not dedicated enough to truly cater to us.

larry mac Enthusiast

w,

Which ones did you get? Are they good? They seem to have a lot of varieties. I'm getting really tired of all the crackers and such that have sesame seeds. Why does everything have to contain sesame seeds? Last week at the store I was debating between the Blue Diamond pecan thins and the Mary's Gone crackers. I got the latter, even though they were more expensive. Don't like them (sorry MG fans), way too sesame seedy.

BTW, the name always reminds me of the album "Ogdon's Nut Gone Flake" by The Small Faces. Itchycoo Park, anyone?

best regards, lm

wowzer Community Regular

I got the almond ones and the hazelnut ones. They have a light taste. I tried the almond ones. It is definitely a rice cracker. I couldn't taste the almonds. It took care of my salt craving anyway.

PeggyV Apprentice

I bake gluten free rolls in a muffin tin, then slice thin and bake....you can put seasonings on them before baking. They are good with cheese and things like that.

purplemom Apprentice

These are my daughter Abby's favorite cracker, the almond nut thins and the cheese nut thins. She seems to eat them without any problems. We also love Glutino crackers, they are the most like a real ritz type of cracker.

Cali

larry mac Enthusiast
I bake gluten free rolls in a muffin tin, then slice thin and bake....you can put seasonings on them before baking. They are good with cheese and things like that.

What a great idea PV. Kind of like bagel chips? These gluten-free crackers are expensive and not very good. Actually, I think it's a stretch to even call them crackers.

best regards, lm

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

johnsoniu Apprentice

I think that's just a CYA statement, at least they're honest about it. Chances are 99% of companies should slap that statement on their products but don't because they don't want to appear duplicitous.

While it might seem that Blue Diamond is trying to have their gluten free cake and eat it too with the sponsoring and CYA statements, the bottom line for me is they make a tasty cracker that stands about as much chance of being CC'ed as anything I have in my kitchen after my 2 daughters have mauraded through it. Just my 2 cents. :)

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I like these crackers, the cheese ones are good and I get the almond to go with cheese which is a very tasty treat. I have not ever had a reaction with them. I also do buy other products which are processed in facilities as wheat, etc. I too can get CC from my own kitchen or anywhere else. It all does come down to personal preference.

happygirl Collaborator

I love those crackers :)

larry mac Enthusiast

They're tasty and can be used for poker chips also!

best regards, lm

johnsoniu Apprentice
They're tasty and can be used for poker chips also!

best regards, lm

Now that's funny, I like how your mind works B)

azmom Newbie

My family really enjoys the Country Ranch flavor. The Cheese flavored ones are good also. Loved by all in the family..celiacs and non celiacs.

Archived