This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Stools

confused

confused Community Regular

i Just seen a post that talked about what fatty stools can mean, so i am curious to what fatty stools do mean.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

larry mac Enthusiast
i Just seen a post that talked about what fatty stools can mean, so i am curious to what fatty stools do mean.

paula

First off, you can't tell just by looking. You need to have stool samples analysed.

best regards, lm

larry mac Enthusiast

paula

First off, you can't tell just by looking. You need to have stool samples analysed.

Secondly, the post you just seen must not have been a very good one.

best regards, lm

Lisa Mentor

Fatty stools usually float in the toilet which indicates some malabsorption, the good ones sink.

It is definitely a visual thing. There is most likely, no one on this site that does not look before we flush.

larry mac, respectfully, I disagree.

Generic Apprentice

Believe me, you can see it visually. I also disagree Larry Mac. That is one of the ways I can tell for sure when I get glutened.

buttonburger Rookie
Believe me, you can see it visually. I also disagree Larry Mac. That is one of the ways I can tell for sure when I get glutened.

-Laurie

I was talking with my youngest sons dietician yesterday about my concerns over my eldest sons dramatic weight loss etc & she actually asked if his stools float & if they were pale. When I said that they always do & always are she told me that really wasnt a good thing & that it indicated a malabsorption issue which we will be raising with the consultant on friday.

HTH

Julie

I was talking with my youngest sons dietician yesterday about my concerns over my eldest sons dramatic weight loss etc & she actually asked if his stools float & if they were pale. When I said that they always do & always are she told me that really wasnt a good thing & that it indicated a malabsorption issue which we will be raising with the consultant on friday.

HTH

Julie

thank you all for your help, i do know when my son was in and out of the Er, they told us to see if he had fatty stools. but they never expalined what fatty stools looked like, so i never knew what to look for. Now when he wakes up I am going to talk to him about his stools. im sure he will be thrilled to talk to me about it when he wakes up, he is 13.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Paula:

Good luck with the discussion! B)

Fatty stools often float, can be granular and mucously and can be more golden in color. But yet, they may vary frequently. The floating occures because of the unabsorbed fat.

Paula:

Good luck with the discussion! B)

Fatty stools often float, can be granular and mucously and can be more golden in color. But yet, they may vary frequently. The floating occures because of the unabsorbed fat.

We never had the talk, cause when i walked into his room i found an cup of whole milk and lots of cookie crumbs in the milk. Then he walked downstairs and had a huge bowl of cereal with milk that was not glutten free. I told him how upset i am with him eating what he wants. So i spent the whole time talking to him about what he was doing to his body, of course it went in one ear and out the other.

paula

Archived