This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Why Do I Have Headaches And The Sweats?

simplicity66

simplicity66 Explorer

The past few weeks trouble sleeping has become a issue......now i am having headaches that start in the middle of my forehead and follow around both sides of my head to the bottom of my skull at the back......the pain has waken me up from a sound sleep.....as well i get the sweats very noticeable i might add......may this be caused by removing gluten???....like a withdrawl symptom from removing caffeine from your diet????.....I have asked my MD if this is the early stages of menopose and he said no i am too young for that.....anyone here have or still is experiencing this???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sunshinen Apprentice

Many people report withdrawal symptoms after going gluten free. Most likely, just drink plenty of water, hang in there, and you will be feeling much better soon!

However, I have read that because of all the chemicals in our water supply, menopause is happening early for some women. So while your doctor is probably right that it isn't menopause (most likely gluten withdrawal), his reasoning isn't exactly bullet proof. Apparently women as young as 15 can experience menopause.

mellajane Explorer

The sweats is one of my most prominent traits... Sometimes I used to have to change my clothes twice in the middle of the night. Also I usually get the start of a small migraine before the sweats start. I am literally soaked form head to toe in 5 minutes... One dr. also mentioned to me I was going through early menopause that was three years ago. I am 30. Those signs for me are being glutened and on the verge of being very sick. I have been sick since 7 and have been gluten free for three years.

lemorelli Newbie

ohmygosh i get the sweats too and the headaches but not as bad

i hate having the sweating issue though! im a teenage girl and i wish i didnt have to worry about it its so annoying!

i ended up having to get botox shots under my arms to stop the sweating there (ask your dermintologist they can also do hands, feet and other places sometimes)

but i still sweat more than usual in other places

i wonder if theres some way to fix it!!!??

• 2 months later...
mikeanway Newbie

Hi, I don't have the sweats but,I was diagnosed back in March by biopsy. Before I was diagnosed I almost never had headaches,if I did I could almost think them away. The last couple of weeks I have been getting headaches,so I was wondering the same thing as you. Were they being caused by gluten withdrawl. The headaches aren't really bad but I get them almost everyday.

Makes me wonder if it's possible though.

Michael

CarlaB Enthusiast

Drenching night sweats can also be caused by babesia or malaria. I have babesia ... it's spread by tickbites and is typically a co-infection of Lyme Disease.

I don't know if this is an issue at all for you, but since it's generally overlooked (it took me 35 years to get diagnosed!!!), I thought I'd mention it.

If you were going through early menopause, your cycle would reflect the hormonal changes.

Archived