5 replies to this topic

#1 cynicaltomorrow

cynicaltomorrow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 06:25 PM

I've been gluten-free for about 3 months now.. but I've had one reoccurring symptom that is really hard to explain and no one ever knows what I'm talking about. The only way I can explain it is to say that my insides just feel dry. This feeling usually causes my lower left side to hurt. Has anyone else ever experienced anything similar to this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bigscott

bigscott

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:49 AM

Hi cynicaltomorrow,

I too have pain in lower left side that eminates through to my back area, although doctors cannot explain reason for it...the best explanation being the area of pain in the body is not always the source.. ie: it could be coming from somewhere else....strange I know but I'm not a doc.

Aye Yours

BS ;)

#3 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:34 AM

Big Scott: Regarding your back pain....did your doctor check your pancreas? Sometimes when this organ isn't working right, you'll get back aches as you describe.
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#4 bigscott

bigscott

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:36 AM

Hi debmidge,

thanks for the advice.. I shall mention it to him next visit.

Thanks,

bigscott

Aye Yours.

#5 red345

red345

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:44 PM

Hmm, this would seem to go right along with the Sjogren's possibility that another poster had mentioned.

Stuff like this could also point toward Systematic Candidas. Lupus and Scleroderma would be other possibilities among those w/ shortness of breath and are experiencing these symptoms like Raynaud's.

#6 cynicaltomorrow

cynicaltomorrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the reply, red! I was concerned about the bacteria, so I've been taking ProBiotics. I've been feeling so much better! I can even eat dairy now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: