Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Aspirin

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone identify some brands of gluten-free aspirin for me?

Thanks,

Deb

Ads by Google:

well, some Advils are gluten-free as are some Tylenols. I think I use the extra strength caplets from Tylenol

Thanks celiac3270. I will still be looking for other brands of gluten-free aspirin as Advil and Tylenol are both aspirin free. Your mom probably doesn't give you aspirin as yet because kids under 16 can get deathly ill or it leaves them brain damaged if they use aspirin and have a certain virus. It's called Reye's Syndrome.

wow i did not know that about the aspirin!! I remember taking it as a young child, becuz my grandma would crush it with a spoon and add sugar but you could still taste the aspirin :o i have givin it to my young son as well!! I guess i wont anymore!!!!!

anyway...since becoming gluten free i have also switched to advil, so i'm of no help iether...sorry.

Lili; Reyes syndrome is serious. Do not give children aspirin. Go to Mayo Clinic website or Web Md and look Reyes up and it'll probably tell you the full story as to what happens if child has a certain virus (and you probably wouldn't know if the child has that virus or not, so why take the chance) and has aspirin. I know a woman whose child died on her when she gave him aspirin. He was about 15 years old.

Anyone have any other suggestions for me?

I'm afraid I don't take aspirin, just NSAIDs like ibuprofen and naproxyn sodium. Have you checked the www.glutenfreedrugs.com site. (I think that's the url, but am not positive...)

gold line baby asprine is gluten-free or some name like that call stokes pharmacy if you have a question about the name the phone number is 1-800-754-5222

The gluten-free drug site states that Bufferin is gluten-free EXCEPT for the 325 mg size.

I wanted to know if Bayer is gluten-free. I'll have to go to grocery store & get their toll free # before I purchase it.

hi deb--i know i take excedrin, plus excedrin migraine--i have a phone # for bufferin 800-468-7746---i do know that clanthompson.com has a very extensive listing of drugs that are gluten-free---i didnt take aspirin for years because it caused stomach upset for me--i do know that excedrin works very well for me, but if i need it at night i have to take their pm product--reg excedrin keeps me wired--hope i helped a little--deb :D

Hi everyone~

This topic came up at our Celiac support meeting this month and someone mentioned that Members Mark asprin (sams club brand) is gluten free. She said she called the company and they were certain they were gluten-free. You should probably make this phone call for yourself, but this may be an option.