8 replies to this topic

#1 Moongirl

Moongirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:24 AM

So before i went gluten-free I used and loved pantene.
About a year ago they could not confirm anything on their products.
When I called about a month ago, they said that they will list any gluten on the bottles, EXCEPT for the fragrance, because it is outsourced.
Here is my question would they have gluten in a fragrance??
Dx & gluten-free since 12/09/05

Positive blood and endo test
Boston, MA

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BostonCeliac

BostonCeliac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:32 AM

Hey moongirl --

I use Pantene Conditioner with no problems -- on the flip side I accidentally used Aveeno products before (they DO contain gluten, and it says so right on the label, oops) and had a really bad reaction to it - never using Aveeno again.. But Pantene is OK for me.
Positive Bloodwork & Positive Endoscopy, Gluten Free since 8/29/06

#3 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

I use Pantene with no problems. I have started adding two drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo in my hand, and my dandruff and itch problems cleared up, too.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#4 Tash_n_tail

Tash_n_tail

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:03 AM

Hey moongirl --

I use Pantene Conditioner with no problems -- on the flip side I accidentally used Aveeno products before (they DO contain gluten, and it says so right on the label, oops) and had a really bad reaction to it - never using Aveeno again.. But Pantene is OK for me.

That's a relief. I like the Pantene range and it works for my hair too. Thanks for the tip.

Marcus.

#5 sunshinen

sunshinen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

I ran out of Pantene and replaced it with an Avalon organics conditioner. I've been feeling worse and worse. This weekend I finally nailed down that it is the conditioner making me sick. I'm going back to Pantene!

If anyone has any good organic, gluten-free conditioners for hair in need of lots of detangling, de-frizzing moisture, let me know!! I'd like to stop putting all the artificial crap into the water supply, but can't find an organic conditioner that doesn't either make me sick or dry my hair out.
Gluten-Free since February 2006

#6 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

I ran out of Pantene and replaced it with an Avalon organics conditioner. I've been feeling worse and worse. This weekend I finally nailed down that it is the conditioner making me sick. I'm going back to Pantene!

If anyone has any good organic, gluten-free conditioners for hair in need of lots of detangling, de-frizzing moisture, let me know!! I'd like to stop putting all the artificial crap into the water supply, but can't find an organic conditioner that doesn't either make me sick or dry my hair out.

Last time I checked a lot of the Giovanni organic shampoos and conditioners were fine. I have used the Smooth as Silk conditioner which has been great for my frizzies in the summer. They have recently come out with skin care products also but I haven't tried those.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#7 simplicity66

simplicity66

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

what kind of reaction did you get from the Aveeno products??.....yesterday i was given a new cream they have out...should i or shouldnt i use it???.......and....pantene has worked well for too...thank god!!!!

#8 Ruth Talbott

Ruth Talbott

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

I also really like Pantene. (Currently Pro-V Curls Conditioner.) Can anyone give me a current status on use and reactions? Thanks!
--
Ruth

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -Maya Angelou

#9 veganchic

veganchic

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

I switched from Nature's Gate Awapuhi shampoo and conditioner to Pantene Pro-V Flat to Volume shampoo and conditioner. Though I love the smell and the way it leaves my hair, the rash on my forehead is back. It's brightest right out of the shower. So I'm going back to NG Awapuhi. I experienced this once before when I switched from NG Awapuhi to the NG that contains Pomegranate, which turned out to have gluten. I don't see anything on the Pantene bottle that states it has gluten, so it should be interesting to see if the change will make the rash go away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: