This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Going To Italy For Daughters Wedding

PeggyV

PeggyV Apprentice

I will be going to Rimini Italy in August for my daughters wedding. I am wondering how I will be safe eating out when I cant communicate. Any ideas? My daughter also is gluten intolerant, so it will effect both of us. The last thing we want to do is bloat up and not be able to get into our dresses....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Italy is perhaps the most celiac friendly country in the world. I don't know all the details, but everything is labeled and restaurants know what it is. I assume your daughter is marrying somebody from Italy?

richard

PeggyV Apprentice
Italy is perhaps the most celiac friendly country in the world. I don't know all the details, but everything is labeled and restaurants know what it is. I assume your daughter is marrying somebody from Italy?

richard

No he is from Italian decent, but actually was born in NY. He always wanted to be married there and he proposed to my daughter in Rome.

She loves Italy also so ......

It should be beautiful. I am glad to see the Italy is Celiac friendly. Guess i better learn an italian phrase or so.....

Antonio Newbie

HI! I'm from Italy

Antonio Newbie

HI! I'm from Italy. If you need some information about celiac, you can contact me and I'm very happy to help you.

quasar Rookie

Hi PeggyV! I'm "Faith" from Italy...I add the link(under)to the section of italian official association of celiac disease about restaurants&co. around Rimini...when you read Igea Marina&Bellaria(maybe Viserbella,too),know that are towns very close(10minutes by car,I remember)to Rimini...Anyway you find also g.f.restaurants&hotels in the Rimini area exactly..Bye&congratulation to your daughter!! :rolleyes:

Go to Open Original Shared Link

PeggyV Apprentice

Thank you everyone, this is very encouraging.

Peggy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

whitney728 Newbie

I'm traveling to Italy (Rome and Naples) in a week. Any advice? I'm a student on a budget, but I'll take whatever I can get. Thank you so much!

PeggyV Apprentice
I'm traveling to Italy (Rome and Naples) in a week. Any advice? I'm a student on a budget, but I'll take whatever I can get. Thank you so much!

I have never been so I dont have travel advise, but if your asking about eating out this is what one of the people on this site, Antonio said to give them. He is Italian.

Hi!

when you will eating out, I can suggest you that is better if you show this message :

Sono Celiaca , quindi non posso mangiare pasta,pizza,pane orzo e farro.

Tutti i cibi che vengono a contatto con la farina non posso mangiarli.

Il riso lo posso mangiare , ma deve essere bollito nella propria acqua.

Grazie mille

I hope you have fun, do a post when you get back and let us know how it was.

Archived