Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Wedding Cake

11 posts in this topic

I have been on the gluten free diet my entire life and now I am trying to plan my wedding. I am trying to find a gluten free wedding cake, this seems difficult. I live in tampa Florida, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Congrats....I am also planning my wedding. Flying to Florida for it. I am planning on making my own cake and having a friend of mine decorate it. There will be another wedding cake for the other guests. I have been trying different cake mixes to see which one works better. The baker where I live was willing to bake a cake for me with gluten free ingredients. But it was really expensive to do a whole cake, so he suggested a smaller cake for me and a regular cake for the others. But now that we are going to Florida, I'll either have my friend look for a baker willing to use my flour or make it my self.

How exciting! I saw recently in a magazine where a baker made miniature wedding cakes and put them in the center of the table as a decoration. Then they had a very small, but elegant cake for the bridal party.

You could have regular miniature ones for the guest - and yours could be gluten-free on a table all by itself...No one would be the wiser :) And I would think you could find a person who does it out of their home or whatever to make you a small one to your specification (and with less cc - if you're the ONLY project they're working on...).

Good luck and congrats!!

I almost forgot about CC!!!! I asked the baker, he stated since it would be a small cake he would be willing to use new baking sheets for the cake. Now, I'll have to look for a baker in Ft Lauderdale. More than likely I will make my own small cake.

I love the idea of having smaller cakes at the table, that would be perfect!!!!

I would call all the bakers in Tampa and see who is willing to help you out. You will be surprised how many people are willing to help accomadate you.

I guess you could really even do the opposite - put a small cake to decorate your table that's just for you -

and a regular cake for everyone else.

I know of a baker is Baltimore that bakes strictly gluten-free cakes, cookies, muffins, etc. Check out www.glutenfreedesserts.com. I've also heard of people who have a baker make the top tier of a cake gluten-free and the bottom tiers with regular flour. Good luck!

What a great idea - a smaller gluten-free cake. My daughter is getting married in Italy we both are gluten-free. I wonder how we can find out if a baker will do one there....

Congrats to all those with upcoming nuptials! Hope you find a good gluten-free cake option.

Of course, you could always call that guy on the Food Network, "Ace of Cakes". Let's see just how good he is B)

Gluten-Free Pantry makes an excellent Angelfood Cake Mix. It is really amazing. I served it at a family dinner and everybody loved it. So it passes the non-celiac test.

The secret to getting the height of any angelfood cake is to NEVER use a nonstick pan. Sometimes you have to go to a few stores to hunt one down.

I would say that you'd probably need a stand mixer though because you need that kind of power to get the batter whipped properly. It's kind of like making a merengue.

Nancy

I made my own wedding cake w/ Annalise Robert's carrot cake recipe. Took about 8 recipes total to make a 3-tiered cake. We decorated it w/ fresh flowers and it was beautiful and delicious!

I have been on the gluten free diet my entire life and now I am trying to plan my wedding. I am trying to find a gluten free wedding cake, this seems difficult. I live in tampa Florida, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Dear tampcop472 and DoriGates,

Hey guys! I am not engaged or anything, but decided to check this out for you! Check out the cakes at this place! I hunted up a gluten free wedding cakes site on Google. The cakes here are beautiful! Go to http://www.wildflowersbylori.com/Wedding%20cakes.htm and see them all! You will want to eat the page! Best Wishes for your nuptuals!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl