5 replies to this topic

#1 jmblair41

jmblair41

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hello to all. This is my first post on the forum but I have been reading and getting great info for over a year now. My nine year old daughter, my mother and my sister where diagnoised in Feb. 2006. I held on to my denial for a while longer. Anyway, to make a long story short, I have been gluten free for about 10 months. Recently I have developed episodes of rapid heart rate. This usually happens about 1 or 2 hours after I eat. I can feel it "coming on", last about an hour or two, then gradually goes away. I am eating gluten free food I had prepared myself. No dizziness, headaches, or other symptoms. My blood tests all came back normal,ie.. TSH, CBC, CMP. What do I do now? Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,
Jeri

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lorka150

lorka150

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

Hi Jeri,
Since it seems as though you aren't getting glutened, I would either assume that it might be from a food intolerance, or something completely unrelated. I opt more for the latter. I have found (I do this myself, but a lot of people tend to) assume that is more is caused by the disease than really is. I'd go talk to your doctor about it.
Hope things work out.
Gluten-free, Vegan

#3 Guest_cassidy_*

Guest_cassidy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:33 AM

Have you looked into candida? I was having the same type of rapid heart rate until I treated candida overgrowth. It might be something to look into, or like lorka said, some other type of food intolerance. I would keep a food diary, and see if you can find a pattern. If it happens when you have a bunch of carbs, candida could be the issue.

#4 UR Groovy

UR Groovy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:32 PM

Hi Jeri,

This happens to me only with gluten and chocolate. Gluten is worse for me immediate and really scary. Thats actually one of the things that scared me straight. Lasted 2 to 5 hours and made it impossible to sleep for fear that it would just stop beating all together. My nephrologist and PCP say my heart sounds great. Food journal always recommended. Getting it checked out not a bad idea. Looking for other intolerances thats the one Id suspect. Sometimes with coffee (no-brainer), my heart kind of beats wildly - but not as frightening.
Have you tried pulse testing? I think if you do a search on it here, youll find info, but basically, when you have that sort of reaction (rapid heart beat) to certain stuff, your pulse goes up. Pulse before eating / pulse after if it raises by like 7-10 beats, you may have a problem with something you ate. Might be worth a shot, who knows?
Hope you find your answer soon I know how frightening that can be.

#5 Nancym

Nancym

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:57 AM

Hello to all. This is my first post on the forum but I have been reading and getting great info for over a year now. My nine year old daughter, my mother and my sister where diagnoised in Feb. 2006. I held on to my denial for a while longer. Anyway, to make a long story short, I have been gluten free for about 10 months. Recently I have developed episodes of rapid heart rate. This usually happens about 1 or 2 hours after I eat. I can feel it "coming on", last about an hour or two, then gradually goes away. I am eating gluten free food I had prepared myself. No dizziness, headaches, or other symptoms. My blood tests all came back normal,ie.. TSH, CBC, CMP. What do I do now? Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,
Jeri

I get this if I overconsume carbs. I try to get my glycemic index low, meats, vegetables, nuts, some whole fruits (never juices) and avoid sugars and starches. If I have a sugary/starchy meal, I'll get a pounding rapid heart beat.

#6 NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

Slayer Spice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

Dear jmblair41,
I have trouble with this too. My Thyroid is messed up. That can cause trouble with that. Also, someone on here told me magnesium deficiencies are to blame for palpitations. I am going to try and get a supplement soon. If your Thyroid is overactive especially this is a common symptom. Mine flips back and forth.
Sincerely,
NoGluGirl
Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985
Asthma - 1994
Ovarian Cyst - May 1999
Anemia - 2000
4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000
Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative
Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy
Fibromyalgia - June 2001
IBS - June 2001
Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.
Thyroid Disease - August 2004
Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: