Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Rapid Heart Rate

6 posts in this topic

Hello to all. This is my first post on the forum but I have been reading and getting great info for over a year now. My nine year old daughter, my mother and my sister where diagnoised in Feb. 2006. I held on to my denial for a while longer. Anyway, to make a long story short, I have been gluten free for about 10 months. Recently I have developed episodes of rapid heart rate. This usually happens about 1 or 2 hours after I eat. I can feel it "coming on", last about an hour or two, then gradually goes away. I am eating gluten free food I had prepared myself. No dizziness, headaches, or other symptoms. My blood tests all came back normal,ie.. TSH, CBC, CMP. What do I do now? Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,

Jeri

Ads by Google:

Hi Jeri,

Since it seems as though you aren't getting glutened, I would either assume that it might be from a food intolerance, or something completely unrelated. I opt more for the latter. I have found (I do this myself, but a lot of people tend to) assume that is more is caused by the disease than really is. I'd go talk to your doctor about it.

Hope things work out.

Have you looked into candida? I was having the same type of rapid heart rate until I treated candida overgrowth. It might be something to look into, or like lorka said, some other type of food intolerance. I would keep a food diary, and see if you can find a pattern. If it happens when you have a bunch of carbs, candida could be the issue.

Hi Jeri,

This happens to me only with gluten and chocolate. Gluten is worse for me

Hello to all. This is my first post on the forum but I have been reading and getting great info for over a year now. My nine year old daughter, my mother and my sister where diagnoised in Feb. 2006. I held on to my denial for a while longer. Anyway, to make a long story short, I have been gluten free for about 10 months. Recently I have developed episodes of rapid heart rate. This usually happens about 1 or 2 hours after I eat. I can feel it "coming on", last about an hour or two, then gradually goes away. I am eating gluten free food I had prepared myself. No dizziness, headaches, or other symptoms. My blood tests all came back normal,ie.. TSH, CBC, CMP. What do I do now? Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,

Jeri

I get this if I overconsume carbs. I try to get my glycemic index low, meats, vegetables, nuts, some whole fruits (never juices) and avoid sugars and starches. If I have a sugary/starchy meal, I'll get a pounding rapid heart beat.

Dear jmblair41,

I have trouble with this too. My Thyroid is messed up. That can cause trouble with that. Also, someone on here told me magnesium deficiencies are to blame for palpitations. I am going to try and get a supplement soon. If your Thyroid is overactive especially this is a common symptom. Mine flips back and forth.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl