This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Advise I Am New And Slowly Going Crazy

MinxyMandy

MinxyMandy Apprentice

Hi everyone My names Mandy..

just a quick over view, I had 3 courses of antibiotics follwed by a small op draining a cyst then more anitbiotics came out of hospital with a bloated belly and fuzzy feeling and just got worse and worse.

I started getting really constipated after doc gave me fibre gel for IBS to the point that I ended up in A & E twice with impacted feaces they kept saying eat fruit and I ate loads and kept happening.

My stomach was so distended it felt so tight it was tender and my back was killing me and I felt so anxious. I aslo had a problem with my left eye itching and sore along with a thick rash at the base of my spine. News years eve my friend convinced me to go out (I was ill) I had a few baracrdis and woke up at my friends went to the bathroom and passed out at the loo with a cold sweat came to slighly and was hitting my head agasint the toilet un controllobly with a fit. I cut my lip and smashed my nose???just sitting aropund During this time I was also eating normaly which did include bread etc...

They tested my endescope found histus hernia and inflammation and dismissed me with stress and loads of laxitives.

I then got reffered to a homeopath for candida and started a strict diet no yeats sugar moulds wheat msg etc but she said I could have rye. I started to notice my tum was worse for ryvitas so didnt have them very much but when I asked her she said I just have a sentitive stomach!!

End of 7 months she said you should be okay with sugar now and yeast but you will always be intolerant to wheat 70% & MSG and full fat dairy and sweetners. I started having some sugar and my symptoms were better when I didnt have ryvita no sugar yeast etc but they have never gone competley I am still swollen. She said you have an underlying problem which is why its not going ..

I found out about Celiac in an article tried the diet but the fruit caused a problem form of sugar. Next day did it with out sugar and felt so much happier within 3 days on the gluten-free diet and the candida diet.

Been back to gastro and turns out they hadnt tested me biopsy at the begining when I was really ill so I am now at the start of eating wheat etc as my diet was mainly rice protien and veg.

I feel so ill but need to know whats going on - the blood test was negative but been eating gluten-free without realising.

Do you think the candida would just go when the lining is healed from celiac or would i have to do candida andtifungals again?

I am in such a state feel so ruff eating it all again.

My symptoms : Massive distention stomach // although when gluten-free was always a bit swollen but it takes time to heal. Seizures, Constipation (if I eat sugar) if I dont floaty wierd stools, sores in my mouth, blisters 8 at a time on my lip, back ache night sweats, cravings for bread, sickness after eating wrong food, bad depression low selft esteem, sore tounge, thrush.

Sorry I went on so long thanks for listening Mand :blink::(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

Hi Mandy, and welcome to these boards.

I am sorry you feel so sick. How long were you on the gluten-free diet? If you had your blood test for celiac disease after being gluten-free for a while, it could have been a false negative, as you have to be eating gluten for the test to be positive.

In order to have a positive biopsy you need to eat a lot of gluten for several months to even have a remote chance of it being positive. Are you sure you want to go through with that? Is it worth an official diagnosis to make yourself really sick again?

You obviously know that gluten makes you sick. No doctor can stop you from changing your diet, or order you back to eating gluten. It is your choice if you just want to stay gluten-free without the doctor's approval.

Have you been on any probiotics to balance your intestinal flora after all those antibiotics? Taking a good probiotic is essential to getting better.

chatycady Explorer

I really wish I could make you feel better! You sound like you have a major reaction to something that is making you so sick.

If you had an allergy, say shellfish, and you swelled up, turned red, threw up, and went into shock would you continue to eat shellfish? That's what the Dr. is asking you to do! THen if your test is negative, he tells you you can eat all the shellfish you want. So would you? Of course not! You and only you can take charge of your diet.

My Dr. also wanted me to eat gluten so he could do more tests. I refused and I am healing quickly.

I hope and pray you can find strength. May God heal you completey!

MinxyMandy Apprentice
I really wish I could make you feel better! You sound like you have a major reaction to something that is making you so sick.

If you had an allergy, say shellfish, and you swelled up, turned red, threw up, and went into shock would you continue to eat shellfish? That's what the Dr. is asking you to do! THen if your test is negative, he tells you you can eat all the shellfish you want. So would you? Of course not! You and only you can take charge of your diet.

My Dr. also wanted me to eat gluten so he could do more tests. I refused and I am healing quickly.

I hope and pray you can find strength. May God heal you completey!

Thanks to you both for replying...

The thing is when I tried gluten-free I started to feel better but I think there is more going on other than the celiac and believe I had some massive yeast infection which the doctor admitted you can have if you are autoimmune (celiac) so I am thinking if I can get it diagnosed they will then investigate the yeast infection..

The other reason is just so I can be sure that it is celiac as I have been struggling to do celiac and candida diet so I need to know what to do about the yeast....when I started the gluten-free I felt better but had chronic vaginal itching..????

Also I dont mean to sound shallow but I gave up my home, I havent been out for 13 months due to being sick and I am in debt for the amount I have spent on homeopaths so if Ive been sick this long I thought if I can get diagnoses I am going to claim againts them for medical neglegence as they should of tested me at the begining 14 monmths ago whilst doing the endosope but they just dismissed me.

and what if it is something else??/

I just want to get on with my life as it has become me the celiac socitey said I would need to eat 4 slices of bread for 6 weeks to show damage...I am also trying it to eat it again but without sugar and yeast to see if it is the wheat tahts making me swell up or the celiac...

The consultant said to take antifungal for thrush but I have many times and it doesnt work she said if you are celiac you may not be absorbing the tablets but she said she wants to look in my small bowel to see if theres anything else going on as they never looked before....

Best wishes to you all hope you are all feeling better...

Did you get massive stomach distention..and did it take long to go with the gluten-free diet??? I tried the diet for a week and felt happier but my tum was still bloated but not distended...????

Thanks so much

Mandyxx :blink:

RiceGuy Collaborator

Some time before I knew anything about gluten, I had a case of the yeasty beasties. I took caprylic acid capsules, and felt much better in just weeks. No prescriptions, no drugs. Of course I avoided all sugars and yeasts too.

But yes, it will take some time. And since everyone is different with this, nobody can truly say with any certainty just how long it will take for your symptoms to subside.

I think the suggestion of a probiotic is also a good one. There are also a few common nutrient deficiencies among Celiac folks, so you'd probably benefit from such things like magnesium, B vitamins, calcium, vitamin D, and a few others. There are numerous threads on this, so do browse through the board, and please post any questions you have. The fine members here are soooo very helpful.

Hope you feel better soon!

MinxyMandy Apprentice
Some time before I knew anything about gluten, I had a case of the yeasty beasties. I took caprylic acid capsules, and felt much better in just weeks. No prescriptions, no drugs. Of course I avoided all sugars and yeasts too.

But yes, it will take some time. And since everyone is different with this, nobody can truly say with any certainty just how long it will take for your symptoms to subside.

I think the suggestion of a probiotic is also a good one. There are also a few common nutrient deficiencies among Celiac folks, so you'd probably benefit from such things like magnesium, B vitamins, calcium, vitamin D, and a few others. There are numerous threads on this, so do browse through the board, and please post any questions you have. The fine members here are soooo very helpful.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Mr. Rice Guy..LOL..good name mines miss ricecake!!!

Yeah, I did the Candida diet for 7 months with a homeopath no yeast, no sugar, no wheat, and loads of other stuff (funny enough she said I could have rye and when I had ryvita my tum was bad) but at the end of the 7 months she said your candida is gone but I was still bloated and she said you must have an underlying problem??? When ever I have sugar now I expand within 1/2 hour and my tum becomes distended and celiac dont react to sugar do they ..mind you when I have had sugar its been in chocolate which has malt I think ..I dont know I just feel like I am going mad thats all I think about and its become me :(

So if candida has gone why am I reacting to sugar?? Do you think maybe the candida wont go til the celiac is healed on gluten-free diet? I am trying to eat gluten again ready for biopsy and still avoid the sugar I still get really distended but different sort of reaction to when I have sugar ..I get achey belly with the rye..I had 4 ryvitas a few hours ago and my stomach looks like I am going to give birth its tight ...

Ive got really dry lips aswell do you get that my mouths so dry.. hope your okay and doing well

Mand:)

Ursa Major Collaborator

Mandy, really, six weeks of eating gluten again will not likely result in a positive biopsy. If it is negative, will you then believe it is not celiac disease, and give up on the gluten-free diet, because the doctor says you have no problem with gluten?

Quite a few people here ate four slices of bread for four months or more, and still got a negative biopsy, but know that gluten is a problem.

By the way, if you eat bread, you ARE eating yeast. And regular bread is converted quickly into sugar in your body, so, you really will be eating sugar, too. But the ryvita is only rye, salt and water, if you're reacting to it, it must be the gluten.

Yes, gluten will cause bloating and a hard tummy for me, as well as dry lips. Unfortunately, it can take several weeks before you feel any better on the gluten-free diet. And the same goes for yeast.

Why don't you give the caprylic and the probiotics a try?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

chatycady Explorer

I had some itching, like you have. I have also had hypoglycemia. I found if I ate protein and less carbohydrates my "itchy" problem ended. I think you are torturing yourself by trying to eat gluten, expecially since you know it's a problem. I hope the best for you, hang in there.

MinxyMandy Apprentice
I had some itching, like you have. I have also had hypoglycemia. I found if I ate protein and less carbohydrates my "itchy" problem ended. I think you are torturing yourself by trying to eat gluten, expecially since you know it's a problem. I hope the best for you, hang in there.

THanks to you all for replying..

This is week one done..but its been horrible..I must admit not as bad as before in the sense I know that when I get on the diet I feel better and the aim is too try and eliminate celiac if I can. But I will be going on the diet what ever ..as I know I am better I think I might just do the scd diet for a bit after the test and introduce carbs once yeast is hopefully undercontrol.

God knows...I know it sounds carzy but I hope I have got celiac I think coz Ive spent too long not knowing whats going on with my body..!!

Take care

Mand

X

HawkFire Explorer

Please try young coconut milk and coconut oil. Also, many herbs have antibacterial properties. Try cilantro. Eat an entire bunch in a salad.

flowergirl Rookie

Kefir and cold pressed virgin Coconut oil is the way to go. I am so sorry to hear you are suffering. I was there a year ago and I understand what you are going through. I managed to get rid of candida. Search on google and on this site about kefir, it is a natural probiotic. You can buy grains over the internet and prepare it yourself. Start slowly because the herxheimer effect will be huge initially but keep going slowly for the first few weeks. This will help restore the balance in your gut. The caprylic acid in coconut oil will also kill off the bad bacteria, restore the balance and nourish your body with much needed Vit E and protein.

Best wishes, Flowergirl

MinxyMandy Apprentice
Kefir and cold pressed virgin Coconut oil is the way to go. I am so sorry to hear you are suffering. I was there a year ago and I understand what you are going through. I managed to get rid of candida. Search on google and on this site about kefir, it is a natural probiotic. You can buy grains over the internet and prepare it yourself. Start slowly because the herxheimer effect will be huge initially but keep going slowly for the first few weeks. This will help restore the balance in your gut. The caprylic acid in coconut oil will also kill off the bad bacteria, restore the balance and nourish your body with much needed Vit E and protein.

Best wishes, Flowergirl

Hi Flower girl..x

I am so down on day 8 of eating gluten I know I sound crazy but Ive been told I have so many different things I just need to know if I have or not. I am really worried that the test is going to be negative even if I have got it!!!

I have tried experiementing and still cutting out the sugar and yeast but as soon as I eat even a ryvita my tum swells up also with milk. Its not just swollen its rock hard and massive..

I feel so up set did you really have canida and get rid of it?? Thanks I need someone to tell me that.

Thats why I am getting in a state as if its celiac and my guts damaged it makes sense that even though I did teh Candida diet 7 months it didnt go!!! So thats why I am hoping it is celiac as it makes sense to me..

But I am worried taht if its negative I will fall apart..as what the bloody hell is it I do feel better on the diet but with candida diet aswell I get so fatigued and thin and start getting down...

When I did the candida diet I only ate rice , fish, meat, some veggies Homeopath said I am allergic to caffine, sweetners, msg, wheat, choclate but she said I am okay with skimmed milk so I was have bio yogurt she said I cant have any fat either.....she said I can have ryvita but that played my tum up so I stopped it...

Also took caprylic acid, acpdillolous, vi B's, Mineral complex, Glutemine, homeopathic antifungal and tried enzymes....

If I havent got celiac do you think I should do candida diet again but with no carbs as I have read that carbs also feed candida what did you do did you cut out all carbs???

I am so sorry going on but I am sitting here day after day trying to find some info to lift my spirts as been like this since August 2005 and starting to feel like giving up ...May be eating gluten is making me more depressed..

I just need to know why I did diet for 7 months and it didnt go.....she said I have an underlying problem..

THANKS SO MUCH FOR REPLYING ..I AM SORRY FOR GOING ON...I havent got any support I think people are bored of me being ill so they stay away even my family ...

Take care x

bluejeangirl Contributor
Hi Flower girl..x

I am so down on day 8 of eating gluten I know I sound crazy but Ive been told I have so many different things I just need to know if I have or not. I am really worried that the test is going to be negative even if I have got it!!!

I have tried experiementing and still cutting out the sugar and yeast but as soon as I eat even a ryvita my tum swells up also with milk. Its not just swollen its rock hard and massive..

I feel so up set did you really have canida and get rid of it?? Thanks I need someone to tell me that.

Thats why I am getting in a state as if its celiac and my guts damaged it makes sense that even though I did teh Candida diet 7 months it didnt go!!! So thats why I am hoping it is celiac as it makes sense to me..

But I am worried taht if its negative I will fall apart..as what the bloody hell is it I do feel better on the diet but with candida diet aswell I get so fatigued and thin and start getting down...

When I did the candida diet I only ate rice , fish, meat, some veggies Homeopath said I am allergic to caffine, sweetners, msg, wheat, choclate but she said I am okay with skimmed milk so I was have bio yogurt she said I cant have any fat either.....she said I can have ryvita but that played my tum up so I stopped it...

Also took caprylic acid, acpdillolous, vi B's, Mineral complex, Glutemine, homeopathic antifungal and tried enzymes....

If I havent got celiac do you think I should do candida diet again but with no carbs as I have read that carbs also feed candida what did you do did you cut out all carbs???

I am so sorry going on but I am sitting here day after day trying to find some info to lift my spirts as been like this since August 2005 and starting to feel like giving up ...May be eating gluten is making me more depressed..

I just need to know why I did diet for 7 months and it didnt go.....she said I have an underlying problem..

THANKS SO MUCH FOR REPLYING ..I AM SORRY FOR GOING ON...I havent got any support I think people are bored of me being ill so they stay away even my family ...

Take care x

Candida takes awhile to get under control and it sounds like you have it pretty bad. I don't think it would of went away iin just 7 mo. because you were eating rice and milk. Thats enough to keep them alive and well. Even some vegetables.

I hope you get the diagnoses you want if its celiac but don't be surprised if its not. I've opted to forgo the wheat eating challenge because even though it sounds like I'm celiac I also have the same history of candida yeast. So it may be that one causes the other but who knows what comes first. You might test negative and still get it down the road if you continue to eat gluten.

I understand about getting a doctors excuse for your disability to work tho and hopefully you can get a better understanding of what your dealing with.

It's pretty hard to starve yeast if your eating bread so I guess try the best you can to eat so your bowels move. If fruit makes you constipated then maybe again its too high in sugars. Try and eat so that the only carbs your eating is the wheat you have to eat. Make everything else leafy green vegetables and protein. I have a large green salad with protein for lunch and two vegetables that are low glycemic for supper again with as much protein as I want.

For breakfast I usually have two egg omelette's with veggies and ham or leftover chicken, turkey sausage etc. I gave up on the kefir and yogurt. They just give me problems. I do take a strong probiotic. There are so many anti fungals and I really don't know what is better then the rest.

Stay away from the refined flours. Drink lots of water...that is so important.

Let us know how your doing. I feel bad your going through this and I hope yur getting some support from friends or family. If not don't give up we'll help you get through.

Gail

MinxyMandy Apprentice
Candida takes awhile to get under control and it sounds like you have it pretty bad. I don't think it would of went away iin just 7 mo. because you were eating rice and milk. Thats enough to keep them alive and well. Even some vegetables.

I hope you get the diagnoses you want if its celiac but don't be surprised if its not. I've opted to forgo the wheat eating challenge because even though it sounds like I'm celiac I also have the same history of candida yeast. So it may be that one causes the other but who knows what comes first. You might test negative and still get it down the road if you continue to eat gluten.

I understand about getting a doctors excuse for your disability to work tho and hopefully you can get a better understanding of what your dealing with.

It's pretty hard to starve yeast if your eating bread so I guess try the best you can to eat so your bowels move. If fruit makes you constipated then maybe again its too high in sugars. Try and eat so that the only carbs your eating is the wheat you have to eat. Make everything else leafy green vegetables and protein. I have a large green salad with protein for lunch and two vegetables that are low glycemic for supper again with as much protein as I want.

For breakfast I usually have two egg omelette's with veggies and ham or leftover chicken, turkey sausage etc. I gave up on the kefir and yogurt. They just give me problems. I do take a strong probiotic. There are so many anti fungals and I really don't know what is better then the rest.

Let us know how your doing. I feel bad your going through this and I hope yur getting some support from friends or family. If not don't give up we'll help you get through.

Gail

Thanks Gail that really means alot..it does help when someone knows what your talking about..

I was surfing the net yesturday and read about biopsys and how they can show candida and Ive been trying to stay away from sugar and yeast so I dont make the Candida worse incase its just that still.

So, after reading I thought dam maybe I need to just eat everything and if they dont see the celiac they may find the candida and be able to help me with that...

I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo low today I ate a few jaffa cakes and stuff with sugar etc bit of a binge and my tum is so large and tight its so tender..but I am still going to the loo where at the begining my bowels stopped..?? Bit weird...

The problem is when I have the sugar its different symptoms I get major anixety and depression which is dangerous as then I feel like giving up and start binging I think I am developing an eating disorder through all this crap...

Okay, so my plan from today is to stay away from sugar yeast and just have ryvitas for the testing to make sure taht I am damaging and straight after the test I am going to do a no carb diet just eat meat fish and veggies and see if it makes a difference.

When I did the diet before my tum went down alot and my other symptoms were no where near as bad but it didnt go..so like you say next time no carbs as it does change into sugar once digested.

Did you notice any changes in your skin with candida? Ive got this strange dent type thing in my eye brow???? But I was getting strange things with my left eye happening so maybe it was damaging my eye???

THANKS SO MUCH ....I am not getting any support apart from a friend in LOndon which is too far to go and see..and knowing you guys are supporting means so much..xxx

:blink:

MinxyMandy Apprentice

Gail

Sorry Gail its me again...

Have you gotten rid of Candida then? Is it possible to get rid of it? If you have can you eat normal now?

Thanks sorry about the hot seat and loads of questions..xx

RiceGuy Collaborator

When I had a case of the yeasty beasties (long before I knew about gluten), I didn't eat anything with yeasts or sugars, and of course things like vinegar where out too. So I didn't eat yeast breads, but still ate baking powder biscuits. I avoided all fruits for quite awhile, as well as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, many salad dressings, etc. I also took caprylic acid capsules for a short time (I think I only went through one or two bottles). Other than that, my diet was the same, including loads of pasta and other carbs such as rice, potatoes, etc. So I don't think it is necessary to avoid all carbs. As I understand it, the yeast thrives on sugars, and though carbs can be converted into sugars, that's not such a large food source for the yeast if at all. I guess it depends on where the carbs are converted, and what types of sugars they get converted into. I haven't looked that up so I'm guessing based on experience and some knowledge of the digestive system.

The recovery began almost immediately, and I was feeling far better in just the first two weeks alone. The cavings for yeasted breads was quite intense at first, but controllable. I'd have to say it was probably about two or three months before the recovery leveled off, but various symptoms continued to disappear for perhaps years after that. I would point out though that my consumption of wheat was reduced because of the avoidance of yeasted breads. I had been eating loads of that stuff, so some of the improvement I attribute to consuming less gluten.

MinxyMandy Apprentice
When I had a case of the yeasty beasties (long before I knew about gluten), I didn't eat anything with yeasts or sugars, and of course things like vinegar where out too. So I didn't eat yeast breads, but still ate baking powder biscuits. I avoided all fruits for quite awhile, as well as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, many salad dressings, etc. I also took caprylic acid capsules for a short time (I think I only went through one or two bottles). Other than that, my diet was the same, including loads of pasta and other carbs such as rice, potatoes, etc. So I don't think it is necessary to avoid all carbs. As I understand it, the yeast thrives on sugars, and though carbs can be converted into sugars, that's not such a large food source for the yeast if at all. I guess it depends on where the carbs are converted, and what types of sugars they get converted into. I haven't looked that up so I'm guessing based on experience and some knowledge of the digestive system.

The recovery began almost immediately, and I was feeling far better in just the first two weeks alone. The cavings for yeasted breads was quite intense at first, but controllable. I'd have to say it was probably about two or three months before the recovery leveled off, but various symptoms continued to disappear for perhaps years after that. I would point out though that my consumption of wheat was reduced because of the avoidance of yeasted breads. I had been eating loads of that stuff, so some of the improvement I attribute to consuming less gluten.

Thanks Riceguy..

So are you celiac ? Or self diagnosed I know its hard to go back like I am doing to get tested I feel like a crazy woman everytime I eat something wrong..:)

I think that may be we have had or have candida and if you try and kill candida with a gut thats damaged from gluten (Celiac) then it wont ever heal. So whats I am hoping is when I get back on gluten-free diet and try and kill the Candida it will go once the tums healed!!

Becuase before I saw a homeopath I saw some mad woman who called her self a natruopath and swang a crystal round my head to see my intolerances ..lol..how sad am I..ha ha I was so desperate to get better ....and anyway..her diet was just rice, veggies, meat & fish and bio fat free yogurt and I did feel better but whenI saw gail the homeopath she said I could have rye but ryvitas upset my tum which would be why celiac makes so much sense...

So you got better once you removed the gluten? and did the rid of the beasties....??

Thank for responding dont know what i would do without thi siste at the moment. I feel so down and trapped in my body and I just cant relax at all. Oh well have to try and keep smiling through this horrible challenge..

Take thanks again... ;)

Mandy

bluejeangirl Contributor

There is differences of opinions on what diet to follow. Some say starches are o.k. and others say no especially in the beginning. I think once you start to feel better you can add brown rice for example. I do believe however yeast thrive on starches because its a source of sugar. I think milk is bad too. Yogurt might be ok if you make it yourself and let it cook for 12 hrs at least maybe longer.

MinxyMandy, The OMG thread in "other tolerances when gluten free isn't enough talks about candida alot. Its very long so don't read it from the beginning. The women are very nice and helpful. Also very knowledgeable.

hope your feeling better. You asked if my skin looks better when I do candida diet and the answer is definitely yes. The skin is another organ of elimination so when your toxic it will use it to get the toxins out. I really don't know whats happening to your eye. I think it might be a separate issue.

Gail

maribeth Apprentice

Hi Mandy, I have to go for an endoscopy and colonastomy in 10 days and was told to go back to eating gluten for the endoscopy test. The gasto..... dr said I only had to eat gluten for 2 weeks but have been for almost a month and I'm going crazy with the symptems--bloating constipation then diarhea.. sore stomach, gas etc etc. I can't wait to get back on the gluten free diet even if my tests show nothing as I've been gluten free since last Sept. and I had few symptoms at all. Why am I doing this to myself??? Have no idea why-just the satisfaction of saying I went for the test I guess. If they have to do one end they mite as well do the other LOL. Take care and good luck. Beth.

flowergirl Rookie

Hi Mandy, I am sorry for not responding earlier. I have a cold, fever and inflamation in my throat and can't think so clearly. :unsure: I am sorry to hear you are still suffering. Candida and/or Celiac causes leaky gut and that is why you are feeling so anxious and disorientated. It causes holes in your gut that lets in all sorts of food particles and stuff in your bloodstream that is not supposed to and reaks havoc with your neurological system. I am sorry to say this but you may most likely test negative for celiac. If you read on this forum more you'll find many of us who test negative but still respond and improve greatly on a gluten-free diet.

At this stage I can tell you that getting rid of candida for me involved eliminating anti-candida formulas etc, focussing on natural stuff and sticking to the candida diet. I stuck to the candida diet which by the way is also kind of a gluten-free diet. (I'd through out the ryvitas if I were you.) I discovered that over the counter anti-candida meds from health stores contained ethanol which is a NO NO if you have leaky gut. It makes your neurological system go into overdrive and you'll become very ill on top of the herxheimer effect. Then I got some natural stuff like garlic, flaxseed oil, pau d'arco, milk thistle (for the overworked liver) and dandelion root. Also eating lots of papaya helps to heal the gut.

It also helps to remember that Candida is not the enemy. It is a bacteria that naturally occurs in the gut. It is just your bacteria balance that is out. Sorry if I am not making sense. I have a fever. Talk to you later...

MinxyMandy Apprentice
Hi Mandy, I am sorry for not responding earlier. I have a cold, fever and inflamation in my throat and can't think so clearly. :unsure: I am sorry to hear you are still suffering. Candida and/or Celiac causes leaky gut and that is why you are feeling so anxious and disorientated. It causes holes in your gut that lets in all sorts of food particles and stuff in your bloodstream that is not supposed to and reaks havoc with your neurological system. I am sorry to say this but you may most likely test negative for celiac. If you read on this forum more you'll find many of us who test negative but still respond and improve greatly on a gluten-free diet.

At this stage I can tell you that getting rid of candida for me involved eliminating anti-candida formulas etc, focussing on natural stuff and sticking to the candida diet. I stuck to the candida diet which by the way is also kind of a gluten-free diet. (I'd through out the ryvitas if I were you.) I discovered that over the counter anti-candida meds from health stores contained ethanol which is a NO NO if you have leaky gut. It makes your neurological system go into overdrive and you'll become very ill on top of the herxheimer effect. Then I got some natural stuff like garlic, flaxseed oil, pau d'arco, milk thistle (for the overworked liver) and dandelion root. Also eating lots of papaya helps to heal the gut.

It also helps to remember that Candida is not the enemy. It is a bacteria that naturally occurs in the gut. It is just your bacteria balance that is out. Sorry if I am not making sense. I have a fever. Talk to you later...

Ahh...Hope you feel better sorry to hear your not well...

Thanks for your reply x

God I feel like poo..lol..my stomach is so massive all the time..I am so self consious of it so I end up sitting in this poky little room everyday in hiding..

I was just wondering when They do biopsy via endosopy do they look for anything else taht may be going on do you reckon?? I supose the endoscopy in itself may show what ever else is going on..

I just want to give up now and get back to normal but I am on day 10 and counting..:)

Hope your feeling better soon

Take care

Mand

Archived