Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Hard Rock Cafe

18 posts in this topic

They should change their motto to Love all, serve some...

Dear Angie,

Thank you for contacting Customer Care and for your inquiry. We apologize however, we currently do not have a gluten free menu. Please feel free to contact us again if we may be of any help to you in the future.

Love All Serve All!

Customer Care Team

Hard Rock Cafe

Are there any menu selections that are gluten free or could easily be made gluten free?

Thanks,

Angie

Ads by Google:

Guess I will take them off the list!

Wow - what terrible customer service! That's disappointing.

Wow - what terrible customer service! That's disappointing.

well if they love all and serve all, then why cant they accomadate us lol

paula

At least they aren't local, Ang.

well if they love all and serve all, then why cant they accomadate us lol

paula

My sentiments exactly...

At least they aren't local, Ang.

I know, I know... I was just really hoping to get to go to Universal Studios and eat at Hard Rock Cafe once Tori's old enough to appreciate it. I guess that idea's shot though.

They should change their motto to Love all, serve some...

That made me laugh!

But it's not funny that they won't accomodate us... <_<

Our Hard Rock Cafe (in Dallas) closed this week. I went there once when it first opened, long time ago. Not very good overpriced food. The worst part was it was so loud you couldn't hear youself think. Never went back.

What I am kind of excited about though, they just opened a House of Blues here. A variety of live acts all the time. A restaurant, plus memorabelia. They're having a Blues Brothers opening with Dan Ackroid & Jim Belushi. By invitation only of course.

best regards, lm

I know, I know... I was just really hoping to get to go to Universal Studios and eat at Hard Rock Cafe once Tori's old enough to appreciate it. I guess that idea's shot though.

It's just loud and expensive. If you're at Universal Orlando you MUST go to Margaritaville. The executive chef emailed me back personally, gave me his personal cell phone number, created a meal just for me. He also told me of a guest who came once who was so sensitive they had to saran wrap the entire table and chair!! Now *that* is customer service!!! :lol:

wow! way to go Margaritaville! I will hope to visit them this year on my trip to Orlando! I think there is one there!

This apparently is recent. On the gluten alerts page of the Clan Thompson celiac site, for Feb. 2, 2007, it says: "... Hard Rock Cafe has withdrawn its gluten free menu - no reason given."

So they HAD one and got rid of it. (I knew I'd seen mention of gluten-free items before.) I wonder if someone got accidentally glutened and sued.

It's just loud and expensive. If you're at Universal Orlando you MUST go to Margaritaville. The executive chef emailed me back personally, gave me his personal cell phone number, created a meal just for me. He also told me of a guest who came once who was so sensitive they had to saran wrap the entire table and chair!! Now *that* is customer service!!! :lol:

Wow. Now that is amazing costumer service, but if I was so sensitive that I needed my table saran wrapped, I think I would be too scared to eat anywhere anyways!

Our Destin Hard Rock just opened here a couple years ago. The service has been terrrible, twice. And the food was horrible, twice. We never go there even though it's less than five minutes away due to these bad experiences so I am not surprised to see they are not accomodating to celiacs. The Orlando one was pretty bad as well. What gives with the Hard Rock? They seem to just want the tourists one time visit and money. It's a shame but there are plenty other restaurants out there!

We have been to the Hard Rock NYC, Philly, Orlando and a few others I can't remember, for us it is always good. Expecially the NYC one, which is close to home for us. So far the Philly and NYC one were very accomodating.....yes no gluten free menu but the managers have been helpful and my son is able to eat. When going to restaurants, even w/ "gluten free" menus- it always seems to be the same, steak and potatoes w/ a steamed veggie. All the menus do is tell us if they don't put stuff on the already gluten free foods. My son is happy with the steak combo but that might not last long, I have only found TRUE GLUTEN FREE menus w/ gluten free pastas, pizza ect. at a very limited amount of places. I can't wait for the day for more places to step up. I am having a hard enough time w/ our local pizza place to carry "riding high" pizza.

I have found the triumph dining cards a huge help, expecially when in quebec the french one helped a ton!! We travel alot for my sons hockey and I could tell you about all kinds of chains that have been horrible or good. -good luck! :)

LOL yeah that's kind of extreme! hahaha

:) I have to post this because I was so thankful to the manager at the Hard Rock Cafe in Philly. My 13 yr old son's class was planning a trip to philly and lunch at the hard rock and dinner at a food court. You can imagine my stress.

I called the Hard rock and yes not much to choose from-the veggies ok, steak ok, but the loaded mashed potatoes-no good and fries which are in their own oil was sprinkled w/ "seasoning" that was no good. The manager asked what he could eat and he went a got a baked potato on the day my son was expected , had it cooked for my son when the class arrived. The staff was wonderful as well. Teachers and chaperones all said the staff was great.

I wanted to pass this along because when someone tries to help I am so greatful, I have gotten so many mixed responses this past year, but mostly positive in alot of restaurants.

I've eaten at the hard rock here in Atlanta once and even though it was a bit of a hassle even though I'd called earlier in the day I didn't get sick. I find it more helpful to CALL places like that rather than email. You can get a better responce that way,