Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Clinton Wheat Allergy

13 posts in this topic

I was on the phone with my folks and my mom mentioned that the White House pastry chef of long-term was on the Today show recently mentioning about Bill Clinton's wheat allergy. I did not catch it myself and am not getting anywhere online with it.

Does anyone else know more about this?

Ads by Google:

Wow. That would be something, huh? For a long time he looked so bloated and doughy-faced and now he looks more healthy, but almost thinner than he should be. Although I haven't paid much attention lately because I don't follow politics much. I remember before I figured all this out my face was really doughy too.

Now that would be a spokesperson.

Nancy

Hey! I found on the Today show site you can actual watch that segment -

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&a...2b-670e74751a8f

He said that Clinton was allergic to dairy, flour and chocolate. He said that he managed though and pointed to a pie and said that that cherry pie was made for him. He didn't say anything else about it though.

Whether he has classic celiac, a true wheat allergy or some other form of gluten issue, that would be something you DEFINITELY wouldn't want other countries to know about. Could you imagine how easy it would be for a country that wants to cause a problem to make the president sick?

Nancy

I just wrote a letter to him through the Clinton Foundation and asked if he'd consider being a spokesperson. Of course, I might have to resend on Monday because I'm at home on the dino computer and don't know if the email was actually delivered. Will post with any response that I get and Nancy, thanks for the link, I'll definitely check that out!

Margaret

Could you imagine how easy it would be for a country that wants to cause a problem to make the president sick?

Nancy

If it were that easy to get to the president's food, I'm sure someone would have poisoned Bush a long time ago! (Why bother with wheat?)

If it were that easy to get to the president's food, I'm sure someone would have poisoned Bush a long time ago! (Why bother with wheat?)

:lol: LOL :lol:

And Monica...a brain fog attack? <_<

This is from my husband -

Maybe Monica's lipstick had wheat in it. It won't make me sick if you...

:lol::ph34r:

Nancy

This is from my husband -

Maybe Monica's lipstick had wheat in it. It won't make me sick if you...

:lol::ph34r:

Nancy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I miss Bill!

Heehee, I miss Bill, too. Imagine if he were reading our forum and had an equally goofy online name like miles2go?

I mean, he's a person too, right?, that might just need a little help in the wheat/gluten department?

I still haven't heard back and tomorrow is booked solid, so I'll try and resend my original email on Wednesday, with apologies for any duplication, of course.

I knew this thread would go half-baked. :D

This seems strange as Clinton was known for his love of fast food and has stated in news articles..before his quadruple bypass, that is...that Big Macs were his favorite 'snack'.

This seems strange as Clinton was known for his love of fast food and has stated in news articles..before his quadruple bypass, that is...that Big Macs were his favorite 'snack'.

That's right! He used to admit to a weakness for McDonalds......