3 replies to this topic

#1 wowzer

wowzer

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

I have these light yellow spots on the whites of my eyes. I've been to the doctor, who said they were nothing to worry about. I went to the eye doctor, he claims nature wasn't nice to me! He said they were from allergies. I was just thinking, could it be a celiac symptom?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 christieb

christieb

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:59 AM

they are called pinguecula... i had four of them, one on each side of my eyes. they got very big and ugly, and i found a doctor who was able to remove them and graft the white tissue back on. it looks pretty good now. usually they do not get very big and are nothing to worry about, but they can irritate your eyes.
i also have celiac, and so perhaps it was part of the cause of the pingueculas. however, their cause is not fully known, and many doctors think that they are caused by wind and sun exposure. use protective wear to help prevent them from getting bigger.
hope this helps! let me know if you have any other questions. :)

#3 wowzer

wowzer

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

Thank you for your reply. My doctor told me they weren't anything to worry about. My left eye lid always gets blisters if I get glutened. Aggravating to say the least. Nice to know they can do something for it too. Not sure I would, but thank you.

#4 OscarMathey

OscarMathey

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

I get those too -- I think when my digestion is worse. I don't think its the leasons people often think they are as they are not raised, and they come and go

I have these light yellow spots on the whites of my eyes. I've been to the doctor, who said they were nothing to worry about. I went to the eye doctor, he claims nature wasn't nice to me! He said they were from allergies. I was just thinking, could it be a celiac symptom?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: