Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Tinkyada Lasagna Noodles

13 posts in this topic

Do I need to precook like it says on the box? I have used deboles lasagna noodles and not precooked and just covered in aluminum foil for an hour and they turned out fine.

Thanks

Autumn

Ads by Google:
Do I need to precook like it says on the box? I have used deboles lasagna noodles and not precooked and just covered in aluminum foil for an hour and they turned out fine.

Thanks

Autumn

I have made lasagna with Tinkyada and did not precook - it just takes a little longer - about 80 - 90 minutes.

If you can, avoid pre-cooking. They stick together horribly and fall apart. They still taste great, but it makes assembly quite the process.

I learned ALL NEW vocabulary words when my husband made lasagne with cooked rice noodles :rolleyes: Next time we're going with the extra time (His lasagne is always a little runny anyway, so this may help!)

I learned ALL NEW vocabulary words when my husband made lasagne with cooked rice noodles :rolleyes: Next time we're going with the extra time (His lasagne is always a little runny anyway, so this may help!)

Adding egg or egg replacer to the sauce helps eliminate the "runny" problem..

If you can, avoid pre-cooking. They stick together horribly and fall apart. They still taste great, but it makes assembly quite the process.

That's exactly the problem that I always have. Next time I'm not pre-cooking them.

If you pre-cook them for about half the time, they won't fall apart and they'll cook faster in the oven. Also - add some olive oil to the boiling water just before adding the lasagne noodles and they won't stick together.

Hey - when I make lasagna I put the noodles in a giant bowl of hot water - not boiling - with a splash of olive oil & let them sit until they are soft, works great for me!

Thanks so much :) Im anxious to try them, dh isnt though since he likes deboles. My sister ordered a case of tinkyada lasagna noodles :o so I have 24 boxes of noodles! Thank goodness they dont expire for a few years ;)

I do not pre cook my noodles as well and cook it longer...Lasagna turns out awesome.

I laid them flat on a cookie sheet and poured boiled water over them and let them sit for about 10 minutes. This made them plyable but not too wiggly. They cooked great in the recipe. Even the leftovers were divine! Not mushy at all.

thanks :) Im going to try them out next week. Im using deboles for a birthday party this weekend since Im familiar with the time frame but plan on using tinkyada in the future.

Autumn

I've always precooked them, and thrown them in a bowl - never had much of a problem with sticky/runny assuming I drain them when they're done like all pasta. A little bit of stick together, but no more than regular pasta and it wasn't too hard to get them apart. The only 'runniness' in my lasagna comes from the fresh tomatoes, spinach, and bell peppers. :)