- - - - -

Tinkyada Lasagna Noodles

• Please log in to reply

12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AutumnE_*

Guest_AutumnE_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

Do I need to precook like it says on the box? I have used deboles lasagna noodles and not precooked and just covered in aluminum foil for an hour and they turned out fine.

Thanks
Autumn

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LisaJ

LisaJ

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:41 AM

Do I need to precook like it says on the box? I have used deboles lasagna noodles and not precooked and just covered in aluminum foil for an hour and they turned out fine.

Thanks
Autumn

I have made lasagna with Tinkyada and did not precook - it just takes a little longer - about 80 - 90 minutes.
Lisa

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" -St. Augustine

#3 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:10 AM

If you can, avoid pre-cooking. They stick together horribly and fall apart. They still taste great, but it makes assembly quite the process.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#4 zansu

zansu

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

I learned ALL NEW vocabulary words when my husband made lasagne with cooked rice noodles :rolleyes: Next time we're going with the extra time (His lasagne is always a little runny anyway, so this may help!)

#5 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

I learned ALL NEW vocabulary words when my husband made lasagne with cooked rice noodles :rolleyes: Next time we're going with the extra time (His lasagne is always a little runny anyway, so this may help!)

Adding egg or egg replacer to the sauce helps eliminate the "runny" problem..

#6 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:58 PM

If you can, avoid pre-cooking. They stick together horribly and fall apart. They still taste great, but it makes assembly quite the process.

That's exactly the problem that I always have. Next time I'm not pre-cooking them.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

#7 lonewolf

lonewolf

Gluten Free pancakes over the fire!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

If you pre-cook them for about half the time, they won't fall apart and they'll cook faster in the oven. Also - add some olive oil to the boiling water just before adding the lasagne noodles and they won't stick together.
Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

#8 BostonCeliac

BostonCeliac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:58 AM

Hey - when I make lasagna I put the noodles in a giant bowl of hot water - not boiling - with a splash of olive oil & let them sit until they are soft, works great for me!
Positive Bloodwork & Positive Endoscopy, Gluten Free since 8/29/06

#9 Guest_AutumnE_*

Guest_AutumnE_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

Thanks so much :) Im anxious to try them, dh isnt though since he likes deboles. My sister ordered a case of tinkyada lasagna noodles :o so I have 24 boxes of noodles! Thank goodness they dont expire for a few years ;)

#10 mellajane

mellajane

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:10 PM

I do not pre cook my noodles as well and cook it longer...Lasagna turns out awesome.
"There is always a Brighter side to every situation"

#11 kbabe1968

kbabe1968

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

I laid them flat on a cookie sheet and poured boiled water over them and let them sit for about 10 minutes. This made them plyable but not too wiggly. They cooked great in the recipe. Even the leftovers were divine! Not mushy at all.

#12 Guest_AutumnE_*

Guest_AutumnE_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

thanks :) Im going to try them out next week. Im using deboles for a birthday party this weekend since Im familiar with the time frame but plan on using tinkyada in the future.

Autumn

#13 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:38 PM

I've always precooked them, and thrown them in a bowl - never had much of a problem with sticky/runny assuming I drain them when they're done like all pasta. A little bit of stick together, but no more than regular pasta and it wasn't too hard to get them apart. The only 'runniness' in my lasagna comes from the fresh tomatoes, spinach, and bell peppers. :)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: