This product has been distributed only in Texas and Louisiana. The
affected packages have been distributed to vending machines and food
service operations.

The only affected packages are 2 oz. bags of Fritos Original Corn Chips
that have a freshness date of May 8 located on the upper right hand side
of the package and with a 10 digit code number of 62730483692,
62730483592 or 62730483992, which appears immediately beneath the
freshness date.

No other code date, package size or flavor is impacted.

Consumers with any product of the lot code and package size noted above
can return product to point of sale or can contact Frito-Lay Consumer
Affairs at 1-800-352-4477.
Gluten-free, Vegan

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 larry mac

larry mac

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:30 PM

I'm guessing that some chili cheese product was inadvertently packaged in regular fritos bags. "Serious life threatening allergic reaction", that's pretty dramatic. I doubt if a 2 oz bag of chili cheese fritos is gonna kill me. Have to give them credit for treating it seriously though. It's possible no one would have really noticed that much.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#3 mikeanway

mikeanway

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

I'm guessing that some chili cheese product was inadvertently packaged in regular fritos bags. "Serious life threatening allergic reaction", that's pretty dramatic. I doubt if a 2 oz bag of chili cheese fritos is gonna kill me. Have to give them credit for treating it seriously though. It's possible no one would have really noticed that much.

best regards, lm

Actually Larry,there are people who have celiac to such a degree that they could die from eating such a small amount,it's different for each person. :( I personally know someone who is that sensitive,but on the other hand she never eats things like that that are packaged.
Mike

#4 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:48 AM

Well Larry, maybe we wouldn't die from it, but some of us certainly may feel like we are. I remember many times before knowing about celiac and being so sick that I would simply ask God, "Please, just take me now, I can't do this anymore!" I never had thoughts of suicide, never truely wanted to die, yet sometimes, I was so tired of hurting, so tired of hours of diarrhea, tired of disappointing my family, etc. I never take a chance on anything anymore. Of course, these Fritos Corn Chips are not a thread for me--I can't have corn!
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#5 happygirl

happygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:07 AM

for people who have anaphylactic reactions to casein and wheat (i.e., true allergies), this is important information to know-it IS life threatening.

#6 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:29 AM

Good morning mikeanway, darlindeb, & happygirl!

What a glorious day it is in the DFW metromess, gonna be 80 degrees today. Perfect bike ridin weather.

Welcome to the forum mike. You were busy on your first day. An avatar, personal photo & info/statement! Wow, very impressive. Some don't ever do it, others like me take two months to get an avatar. What kind of bike is that? Mine - Yamaha V Star 650. Cool picture BTW.

best regards, lm

p.s., Oh yeah, yall are right about the fritos. I rushed to post without considering various aspects (my bad).

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

#7 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

Larry--could you bring your bike to Long Island and take me for a ride along the beach :D . Been years since my butt has been on a big bike.

By the way--your dog is adorable!!!!
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#8 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:07 AM

Larry--could you bring your bike to Long Island and take me for a ride along the beach...

By the way--your dog is adorable!!!!

Deb,

Rode 300 miles one day. Problem is, I have a 30 mile seat. Not a good combination!

Yes, Pheobe Buffay is a very good girl.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI

#9 pugluver31902

pugluver31902

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

I fostered a pug once named Pheobe Buffet.

I know a kid who has to carry an epi -pen because if he barely touches a wheat containing product, he will go into anaphalaxis. Never would have thought that was possible. His dad owns the gluten free restraunt down the street from my house. Its fabulous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: