This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Just Got My First Job!

Ashley

Ashley Enthusiast

I can't believe it! Today, I went down to Maggie Moo's and filled out an application. Filled it out, got asked a few question and WHAM! I got hired! My orientation is this Tuesday 4-6 and training is Wednesday 4-9 and then the store opens Thursday! God really blessed me today!

I'm glad I get to work at an ice cream palor. I know there's still a lot of gluten around, but, it beats working where it's greasy and stuff. Those Wilton cake decoration class paid off!

-Ash

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Congratulations on the new job, Ashley! :D

Best of luck--I'm so happy for you!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I can't believe it! Today, I went down to Maggie Moo's and filled out an application. Filled it out, got asked a few question and WHAM! I got hired! My orientation is this Tuesday 4-6 and training is Wednesday 4-9 and then the store opens Thursday! God really blessed me today!

I'm glad I get to work at an ice cream palor. I know there's still a lot of gluten around, but, it beats working where it's greasy and stuff. Those Wilton cake decoration class paid off!

-Ash

Well done you!!!

Hope you enjoy having a bit of money to call your own! :)

Laurad- Apprentice

That's awesome! Congratulations! I used to work at Ben & Jerry's and it was the most fun job I've ever had. :)

Viola 1 Rookie

Congratulations! That's really exciting for you! You will enjoy having your own money too :lol:

Anonymousgurl Contributor

Aww that's so awesome!! That's going to be fun!

I wish I could get a job, but being allergic to gluten, dairy, eggs and sensitive to oils...I dont know how getting a job would work for me :( LoL I would starve!

That's so awesome though. Do you think you'll be able to actually eat some of what you're selling? LoL. Even if you can't, that sounds like a fun job!

Run-4-Jesus Rookie

Hey that's awesome! Congrats!

This summer I'm gonna be working in the little health food store where I get my gluten free food from. I probably won't get paid that much but the owners of the store really want me to work there so I can help them with their celiac customers, since neither of the owners is actually celiac.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Viola 1 Rookie
Hey that's awesome! Congrats!

This summer I'm gonna be working in the little health food store where I get my gluten free food from. I probably won't get paid that much but the owners of the store really want me to work there so I can help them with their celiac customers, since neither of the owners is actually celiac.

Good for you! A health food store would be an ideal place to work :lol: But I love Ice Cream too, Ash, is that ice cream gluten free?

Kassie Apprentice

i got my first job too like 3 weeks ago! its at this little local place called ac drive-in, so far i have had no problems wiht gettin sick.

Ashley Enthusiast

Thanks guys! I'm so excited.

Run_4_Jesus: I'm glad you're gonna get to work at the health store! That's probably the safest place for Celiacs like us to work.

Kassie: That's great! I'm hoping it'll be the same for me once I start working there.

Peacenlove_girl17: I hate that your allergies are preventing you from getting a job. I have a friend that has a lot of those allergies too. Perhaps maybe you can get a job at non-food store?

For all who asked about the ice cream: I believe all the ice creams are gluten-free expect for the 'Better Batter' and 'Chocolate Better Batter.' Here's the link for the Allergens in their ice cream, the list is at the bottom of the page. They also have shakes. Plus, they have those gluteny cakes and malts too...

Open Original Shared Link

There is one thing I question: What in the world is Annatto?

-Ash

psawyer Proficient
There is one thing I question: What in the world is Annatto?

Annatto is a coloring used in food and other products. It is derived from the seed pod of a tree. It is the color most commonly used to make cheese cheddar yellow (its natural color is white). It is common in other cheeses as well. It is gluten-free.

Ashley Enthusiast
Annatto is a coloring used in food and other products. It is derived from the seed pod of a tree. It is the color most commonly used to make cheese cheddar yellow (its natural color is white). It is common in other cheeses as well. It is gluten-free.

Thanks so much for the info, Peter! You made my day :) ---I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to eat any of the ice cream!

-Ash

Archived