7 replies to this topic

#1 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:36 AM

I have been sick from my gall bladder all summer, and had trouble getting a doctor to test it. One of the tests ordered was an endoscopy, which was done last Wed. GI doc found two "patches of inflammation" that he took biopsies from. The gall bladder doc (2 different docs, here) read the results of the biopsies to me, telling me there was inflammation in two spots with blunting. When I asked Blunted what? he said villi. I said "Oh, that's the celiac rearing it's ugly head." He said "Ok, then you know what that is all about!" It sure felt good to already know and understand what the doctor was afraid to tell me! My gall bladder does have to come out. That will happen tomorrow at noon. I had previously been diet-diagnosed, now, by accident, I am also biopsy-diagnosed.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 92939

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:52 AM

;) Dessa, may God be with you in your surgery and during your recovery.
Also did you have hurting in your side and back before you were diagnosed with your gallbladder trouble, because my brother has been having a hurting in his right side around his waist and in his back around that area and won't go to the doctor.
Sincerely
Jean of NC

#3 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:27 PM

I have a lot of pain in my right side, just under the ribcage. It feels like someone is running a hot poker from my front through my back, and it's coming out just under the right shoulder blade. 30 minutes after eating something with fat (dairy and meats are my triggers), I get the pain, and acid indigestion. About 4 hours later, I have to go do a #2, and it is acidic. It took a biliary scan to learn that it was the gall bladder. I wish your brother would see his doctor. Pain is not something to ignore for very long!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#4 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:50 PM

Dessa, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you find some relief soon!
Please let us know how you are doing, Take care :)

#5 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:14 PM

Hi!

Just wanted to mention that a very close friend of mine had her gall bladder out about six months ago after suffering with the pain for about 3 years. She has never felt better in her life! She is so glad she had it done!!

Good health vibes being sent your way!

Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#6 j9n

j9n

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:17 PM

Good luck on your surgery, I hope you feel better soon.
I am curious, I have the same pain and have had an ultrasound and ct scan which are normal. I have not had a biliary scan though. The pain always accompanies diarrhea and the sensitive spot in my back is painful to touch. I sat in one of those massaging chairs and when it hit there I was in pain. The doctor shrugged it off but I am not quite convinced

#7 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:30 PM

For my gall bladder, I had one xray, two ultrasounds, and a ct scan, all of which came back normal. The biliary scan came back normal on function, but abnormal on reaction. It was the only test that even hinted something was wrong with the gall bladder. It was removed today, and for the first time since April, I was able to eat without pain and nausea. I had the laparascopic surgery, and the only pain I have is the incisions (4 of them, all very small) themselves. I had to stand my ground with two of the doctors that were treating me, and tell them to forget about the insurance, I wanted it out! GB doc said I would only have a 50/50 chance of getting better after the surgery, so I told him I was willing to take that risk. I already feel so much better, it is almost unreal, and it has only been 12 hours since the operation! Stick to your guns. Insist on more definitive tests, and if you think it's necessary, surgery. One thing I learned with Celiac, is that my health is my responsibility, and I have to make sure it is taken care of!
Dessa

#8 mcalister14

mcalister14

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:47 PM

:lol: I'm glad that your surgery went well. It's such a great feeling when things go the way they are supposed to!

Best wishes to you!

Stacy
IgG- 120(severe+)
IgA- 18(normal)
Positive biopsy

Diagnosed July 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: