38 replies to this topic

#31 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

This is interesting. I have run fevers as long as I can remember. My mom has told me that I ran a lot of fevers as a baby. Testing has never shown anything. Now, that's not to say I haven't ever had a cold or strep throat with fever.. my fevers went away after being gluten free for 6 months. Now, I only get a fever when I get glutened or actually get sick.

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

You might find some related threads if you do forum search on night sweats. there are several threads about them.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#33 OCMom

OCMom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

My daughter is 8 and gets the same fevers as you do. Low grade fevers that come in the afternoon and go away with Tylenol daily for a couple weeks straight. She has lactose intolerance and has Celiac's. However, if your doctor can't diagnose you and you continue with daily fevers, or notice rashes with the fevers have him check your SED rate. If it is elevated, he needs to consider Still's Disease. I have Still's Disease and it was very hard to diagnose. It is very rare!

#34 marjean

marjean

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

I found an interesting site this evening that has to do with temp. It discusses low body temp. It says : http://www.mall-net....s/coldbody.html

I found it interesting because it says "allergies, skin and joint disorders, brain fog, lethargy" Which are just a few symptoms that align with Celiac.

I know I run a below normal temperature usually and when I get gluten I get a low grade fever.

I was just curious how many other folks out there run a below normal temp regularly.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I have the same exact thing..I thought I had this celiac thing down(found out a year ago), but I still have low grade fevers that come and go..and I also have a below normal temperature normally. I also occasionally get blisters on my tongue..I never heard of Wilsons to be honest, but is it w/ celiac or instead of celiac..because I am tired, skin allergies, joint pain..and just cant think.

#35 Sarahsmile416

Sarahsmile416

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Pre-diagnosis and was googling fevers and eating too much gluten and this thread came up. I feel as though I have found kindred sufferers! My normal body temp is low (97.6), which I always chalked up to being diabetic...but I just got glutened last night (my fault...ate junk all day and all of had gluten in it not to mention the fact that I was baking and had flour all over my hands. It took a couple hours to hit...but last night I was lightheaded, stomach upset, acid indigestion, headache, the whole nine yards. Finally the light headed ness and the feeling I was going to vomit left and I just had C and later D. Now, my blood sugars are running crazy and I have a low grade fever (for me) of 99. Now, after reading this thread, I don't feel so horrible and confused about what's going on!

#36 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Fluctuations in how my body temperature feels to me (not necessarily enough for fever or to be low...and then again my thermometer might be a piece of crap) is one of the few problems I've had that has almost disappeared since going gluten free. Often with the chills I'd just get that icky flu-like, everything feels kinda off and gross.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#37 Em314

Em314

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

I've frankly been basically assuming the periodic low-grade fevers are from the celiac (I've eliminated most other obvious variables already and it seems like the simplest explanation). Before now, they were just another mystery thing my body did that was inconvenient and uncomfortable; I chalked it partially up to allergies/hay fever (which, for all I know, is actually the cause). Time will tell; I'm cautiously optimistic that if I'm overall healthier, it'll improve at least somewhat, regardless of direct cause.

So, I have little to contribute other than "me too," lol.
Diagnosed celiac December 2012 (bloodwork + endoscopy). Gluten-free since.

#38 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Got cc'ed last night and now I have a 100.3 fever. I think it is part of the autoimmune reaction.

#39 surviormom

surviormom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Got cc'ed last night and now I have a 100.3 fever. I think it is part of the autoimmune reaction.

i agree same happens to me.  norm is about 96 or 97 glutened 99-100.

Gluten Free 2012 - Dairy Free 2012 - Acid Reflux Diet 2013

Chronic Gastritis 2013 - Peptic Duodenitis 2013 - Hiatal Hernia 2013 - C-Diff 2013 - Endometriosis 2013 - Uterine Fibroids 2013

Patellar Tendonitis 2013 - Arthritis 2014 - NCGI 2014 - Erosive Esophagitis 2014 - Barretts 2014

I have a long list of physical ailments that were being grouped into age/gender by doctors.

Began Gluten Free and Casein Free after an Allergy Test trying to find answers to health problems that the doctors just were not answering well enough. Looking back through history, I have a lifetime of allergies and gastro issues.

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: