Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Patak's - Gluten Free Products

8 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

I love these curry pastes and we have them at least twice a week!!!! (with poppodums and mango/lime chutney which are also gluten-free) YUM!!! :)

OMG I love Patek's - esp. the Vindaloo curry sauce - been eating it for years and was SO happy to learn it is safe! :rolleyes:

NIKKI - what are/is poppodums??? :blink:

You just have to love the Internet!

http://pataks.ca/products/pappadums.html

They're unlike anything I can think of to compare them to...sort of a really thin, crispy, dry, 6 inch diameter or so thingy that's great for breaking up and then scooping up saucy foods.

Murray

OMG I love Patek's - esp. the Vindaloo curry sauce - been dating it for years and was SO happy to learn it is safe! :rolleyes:

NIKKI - what are/is poppodums??? :blink:

WOW!! VINDALOO!!!??? :o:o ...only for the brave..hot, hot, hot!!!

Poppadums are big round crisp (chip) like things made from lentil flour. :)

Good, now that I've seen people like this product, I'm going to try them. I love spicy foods, especially curries.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

How have I not known about pappadums all these years????????? I am so excited, will be heading to the INdian market TOMORROW for more vindaloo (not that hot, really!) and these interesting things!! :rolleyes:

I am going to tell you all what I do for curried chicken when I am SO SO lazy as to not even be bothered with cooking.......

Just take some chicken tenders in a glass bowl, add a dollup of the Vindaloo sauce (thinned with a tiny bit of broth), stir it all together so the sauce coats each piece, and MICROWAVE it a couple of times. It's SO easy and so good! Throw it over some rice, add some veggies, and it's fabulous.

Yup, gotta love the internet! ;)

Just take some chicken tenders in a glass bowl, add a dollup of the Vindaloo sauce (thinned with a tiny bit of broth), stir it all together so the sauce coats each piece, and MICROWAVE it a couple of times. It's SO easy and so good! Throw it over some rice, add some veggies, and it's fabulous.

OH EXCELLENT!!!

How easy is that!! :lol::lol:

(I use cream to thin it down ...and to dampen down the 'hotness' (yes, I am a curry wuss)