Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Dannon Yogurt

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone eat Dannon light and fit yogurt smoothies? The ingredients look okay to me, they taste yummy and I havent reacted to them at all. The Dannon website has a sort of "CYA" kinda of attittude about the product...just wondering!!

Ads by Google:

I called Dannon, and they said, only their plain yogurt was gluten free. I stick with Yoplait!

Does anyone eat Dannon light and fit yogurt smoothies? The ingredients look okay to me, they taste yummy and I havent reacted to them at all. The Dannon website has a sort of "CYA" kinda of attittude about the product...just wondering!!

I contacted them in December about their Activia -- and here is their response:

Dannon yogurt products are characterized as either gluten safe or not gluten safe.

Our Dannon Plain Lowfat, Plain Nonfat and Plain Natural are all gluten safe. Plain DanActive (formerly called Original DanActive) is also gluten safe.

All other Dannon yogurts and yogurt drinks cannot be designated as gluten safe because the natural flavor systems used might have ingredients added to stabilize the flavor that may be derived from gluten sources. These products are not specifically formulated to contain gluten (except for the Light & Fit Crave Control yogurt noted below) but we cannot guarantee that the alcohol portion of the natural flavor system is always derived from corn and not from wheat, oats, rye and barley. We recommend you consult your allergist on the incidence of gluten proteins in ethanol derived from grains.

Additionally, we now produce Light & Fit Crave Control yogurt, a product which contains wheat. In fact you will find that we have labeled both the overwrap and foil of these products with the following: "Contains milk and wheat."

Dear mandasmom,

I know that only Dannon's plain yogurts are safe. No others are. That explains why I always got so sick from them! Yoplait is safe for the most part, because they clearly label gluten if it is present. My favorite is the Whips in Coffee Latte! Also, they are kosher as far as I know!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

:angry: DANNON YOGURT IS NOT GLUTEN-FREE!!!!!!!! Just a subtle warning. This is one of those cases where reading the label isn't enough. The natural flavors clause in their case often includes gluten containing "stabilizers" in their fruit on the bottom varieties. Please note ONLY THE LOW-FAT and WHOLE MILK PLAIN ARE GLUTEN-FREE. Subtle...I know, but effective. Unfortunately I was gluten'ed half to death while on vacation. I wasn't sure what is was, so I increased my yogurt and fruit consumption. WHAM...worsening symptoms. After contacting Dannon, they indicated only the plain varities are "gluten-safe". Ouch! Took me a week to recover fully.

Anyway, I hope this helps. If you haven't already, get the CSA book. We lovingly call it the big-book-of-everything in our house. A real lifesaver (and NO, I don't have any affiliation with the CSA).

Cfore MD

Dear mandasmom,

I know that only Dannon's plain yogurts are safe. No others are. That explains why I always got so sick from them! Yoplait is safe for the most part, because they clearly label gluten if it is present. My favorite is the Whips in Coffee Latte! Also, they are kosher as far as I know!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

That's good to know!! I thought only Brown Cow was gluten-free and that brand is hard to find in my area. Before going gluten-free, I loved the Yoplait whips!! Yippee!! I can have some yogurt now!!