This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yogurt

infiore

infiore Rookie

Can someone please inform as to which yorgurts are gluten free? My daughter is 5 (on a gluten free diet) and had to take antibiotic this past week. I'm concerned about yeast. I need to find one that's gluten free- preferrably organic?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Don't know about organic, but I eat Yoplait (except for the cookies and crumbs).

wolfie Enthusiast

My son & I also eat yoplait. Like mentioned above, just stay away from the obvious cookies & cream, etc.

We usually get the lemon supreme, blackberry harvest, orange dream, vanilla and raspberry.

infiore Rookie
My son & I also eat yoplait. Like mentioned above, just stay away from the obvious cookies & cream, etc.

We usually get the lemon supreme, blackberry harvest, orange dream, vanilla and raspberry.

Thank you momma goose and wolfie- you are very helpful. There was one at the grocery store that was "all natural" and vanilla flavored but I can't think of the brand. (?) I'm wondering if it's gluten-free?? I would like to stick to organic for my daughter for now.

mandasmom Rookie
Thank you momma goose and wolfie- you are very helpful. There was one at the grocery store that was "all natural" and vanilla flavored but I can't think of the brand. (?) I'm wondering if it's gluten-free?? I would like to stick to organic for my daughter for now.

What about Dannon--there web site is a bit shaddy--but the ingredient list looks totally fine to me??

infiore Rookie
What about Dannon--there web site is a bit shaddy--but the ingredient list looks totally fine to me??

The people on the forum were saying that dannon won't certify that they are g.f.- which is a bummer because I think they are the ones who do the "all natural" vanilla flavored at the grocery store. I called the organic market and they said that all their organics which are labeled "plain" (basically, no flavor added) are gluten free. But yuck! who wants to eat plain yogurt unless in a recipe? My 5 yr old will not eat that. :(

If anyone else has any ideas about the organics or maybe how to safely flavor the "plain" organic yogurts, please I welcome your advise.

Thanks everyone!

RiceGuy Collaborator

From your first post, I guess you are looking for something with live active cultures such as acidophilus, to help replace the healthy flora of the digestive tract, yes?

If so, then you may want to look on the container for a statement to that effect.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

infiore Rookie
From your first post, I guess you are looking for something with live active cultures such as acidophilus, to help replace the healthy flora of the digestive tract, yes?

If so, then you may want to look on the container for a statement to that effect.

yes, definitely, live active cultures are required. Thanks :)

RiceGuy Collaborator
The people on the forum were saying that dannon won't certify that they are g.f.- which is a bummer because I think they are the ones who do the "all natural" vanilla flavored at the grocery store. I called the organic market and they said that all their organics which are labeled "plain" (basically, no flavor added) are gluten free. But yuck! who wants to eat plain yogurt unless in a recipe? My 5 yr old will not eat that. :(

If anyone else has any ideas about the organics or maybe how to safely flavor the "plain" organic yogurts, please I welcome your advise.

Thanks everyone!

You can always add your own flavors to the plain stuff. Lemon, vanilla, berries, applesauce, etc. Sweeten with Stevia for an even healthier yogurt. If I recall correctly, the plain yogurts are cheaper too.

Or, you could skip the yogurt and get a probiotic supplement. Might work faster and be cheaper still.

I once found it necessary to re-balance the intestinal flora, so I used caprylic acid capsules to kill off the "bad guys" down there. Worked very well too. Once they are under control, the "good guys" usually have no problems multiplying to a sufficient level.

kittyme Newbie

I buy my kids yobaby yogurt. I called and they said that their stuff is gluten free. It is also organic. As long as you don't buy the ones with cereal added. It is made by Stoneyfield Farms. They also make adult sizes in whole, lite and low fat.

Dancypants Rookie

I eat Cascade Fresh! Actually, I live on Cascade Fresh...three cartons a day!!!

It's fat-free, gluten-free (labeled so right on the container), has no cross-contamination risks, and contains 8 live active cultures. It's all-natural, fruit-juice sweetened, not derived from rBGH-treated cows, and available in 10 flavors. One 6-ounce container supplies 110 calories, 14% of your daily protein, and 25% of your daily calcium. Although it's distributed from Seattle, Washington, I have found it as far away as Hawaii.

Cascade Fresh: (800) 511-0057 or www.cascadefresh.com

:)

Macy

rbh Apprentice

I like Wallaby -- Whole Foods carries this brand in Massachusetts -- I don't know about your area.

infiore Rookie
I like Wallaby -- Whole Foods carries this brand in Massachusetts -- I don't know about your area.

WOW you guys are so helpful-- thanks! I will check to see if I can get these here... have a happy Saturday everyone.

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I will not buy Dannon. I was looking at the Dannon Fit and Trim, it had gluten in it. I wouldn't trust them, they have denied safe equipment for years now.

I love Columbo yogurt, most Kroger brands are gluten-free, besides the obvious ones, Breyers is gluten-free. I have tried to get info from Axelrad here on Long Island, but they never get back to me.

Columbo is my favorite, they have a white chocolate and raspberry that is so good, but no one stocks here in my area :angry: .

hez Enthusiast

I love Mountain High Yogurt. It says gluten-free on the package. It is lower in sugar than most national brands. There are several different flavors as well as plain and vanilla. It is all natural but I am not sure if it is orgainic. I get mine at King Soopers aka Kroger.

Hez

CarlaB Enthusiast
You can always add your own flavors to the plain stuff. Lemon, vanilla, berries, applesauce, etc. Sweeten with Stevia for an even healthier yogurt. If I recall correctly, the plain yogurts are cheaper too.

One of my daughters likes the plain with nuts and honey or maple syrup. The honey and maple are a better sugar and she uses less than the sugar that would be added.

Plain yogurt is also good with frozen blueberries ... if you mix them in while they're frozen, it's like dessert. I use plain kifir with berries, too.

infiore Rookie
I love Mountain High Yogurt. It says gluten-free on the package. It is lower in sugar than most national brands. There are several different flavors as well as plain and vanilla. It is all natural but I am not sure if it is orgainic. I get mine at King Soopers aka Kroger.

Hez

I wish I could get some of these but I'm in Iowa- it's a whole other world here. lol Thanks everyone for your suggestions! :)

• 2 months later...
Samanthasmomma Apprentice

I didnt think the yobaby was gluten free, and this confused me,

from the yobaby website:

Does your plain, organic yogurt contain gluten?

Two Stonyfield products, Yo Baby Plus Cereal Yogurt and Cookies and Dream Premium Ice Cream, do contain gluten. All other Stonyfield yogurt products, frozen yogurt, and ice cream do not contain any gluten source ingredients. We do not add gluten to our products; however, some of the natural flavors used to make our products may have used a grain alcohol in the extraction process.

We are still in the process of learning more about Celiac disease and have been told that some individuals are sensitive to even miniscule amounts of gluten. We have difficulty answering questions because we are concerned about giving out information to individuals who have unique and sensitive health issues without the person going through their doctor, especially since the outcome could be very serious.

spinderella Newbie

I was just diagnosed last week so am still trying to find items that I can eat. Check out www.browncowfarm.com They state they are certified gluten free (except for the fruit and grain variety and possibly their smoothies). FYI.

Archived