Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Celiac Mentioned In Time Magazine!

4 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

Woo Hoo! First The View, now TIME. It's about time!

I know! I saw it and I freaked!!! Soo exciting!

Time is actually pretty good about Celiac---

There was a two page article in Time Magazine in July 2004. I know the date because it led me to be tested for Celiac....gave me my life back. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• i think chips would vary from place to place depending on the ingredients where you go
    • Hey Everyone! Been celiac for 6 years, and it's my first time on a forum.  I assume my story is the same as most of yours: I was really sick and skinny and bloated, got diagnosed with celiac, went gluten-free and felt amazing, then slowly, but surely, the symptoms and elevated antibodies returned, no matter how OCD I am about avoiding cc. Basically I have what they call Non-Responsive Celiac disease.  I'm wondering, is there something ELSE that I can do? Clearly the gluten-free diet isn't enough anymore. I know I'm not alone in this experience. And I know doctors don't have any advice besides the gluten-free diet (and the new celiac drug that is apparently in phase III)). But do you guys know of any other tricks?  I went on anti-anxiety SSRIs for a bit to help with my anxiety problems, and that really helped my celiac. But now that I've sort of developed a tolerance to my low dose, the symptoms have returned. Anyone else try this? Or low doses or steroids/anti-inflammatory drugs?  I'm really sick of feeling sick. I even tried the Fasano (Gluten Contamination Elimination Diet) for 3 months, but it didn't really work. Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated! Or even the names of doctors who have helped you!  
    • 60% of celiacs with dh test negative on the celiac blood work. Fact. Many people with DH have no digestive symptoms and only about 40% of them have the positive blood tests (serology) for celiac disease.
    • Person above me is correct. You need a skin biopsy, and it must be performed correctly. I never had a positive blood test but my biopsy came up positive for DH. Going gluten-free for a month usually won't  clear up DH. It commonly takes ~6 months, and this only on a very strict gluten-free diet. Any exposure to even small amounts of gluten (through cross-contamination, etc) can lead to flareups.     
    • Has your derm ever done a dh biopsy? BTW, it's not taken ON a lesion, it's taken on clear skin adjacent to a fresh lesion. I bet your derm doesn't know that. I bet if you ask for a dh biopsy he will take it right on top of a lesion. Ditch him & get a derm who knows about celiac & dh & how to properly take a biopsy for it. The antibodies can stay under the skin for years. The derm is wrong.  Please describe how the rash acts & what it feels like.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member