Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Social Anxiety

31 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with social anxiety yesterday, but I've know that I've had it for a long time now. My doctor wants me to try Paxil CR, but I can't seem to get a difinitive answer as to whether or not it's safe. I've seen the regular formulation of Paxil on the gluten free drug lists, but not the CR version. I called GlaxoSmithKline and their response was that while they don't believe that any ingredients contain gluten, they can't confirm that is the case for any of the ingredients that are coming from an outside supplier. Does anyone know for sure? This disease is frustrating enough.....finding things to help you shouldn't be. :(

Calisherbear, you can have your pharmacist call their source for the medication directly and confirm that their formulation is gluten-free and if not, have them use one that is. Pharmacists are a great resource in situations like this.

Good luck to you!

YankeeDB,

I tried that yesterday when I picked the prescription up, and my pharmacist was less than helpful. He couldn't find the phone number and then told me to just call Glaxo myself. The person I talked to at Glaxo this morning was a pharmacist, but still couldn't give me a straight answer. I guess besides figuring out whether or not this drug is safe, I also need to find a more knowledgable pharmacist. UGH!!

Linda,

I'm glad to hear that constipation is a sign of celiac, I was beging to think my doctor was wrong in diagnosing me because everthing I've read on this site for the past 3 weeks was about people having severe diarrhea & like you I can't go.

If any body has any helpful list of what I can & can't eat I'd appreciate it, I'm only 3 weeks into this & still don't have much of a clue.

Thanks,

Wanda

I find that it is much easier to just call the pharmaceutical company myself. That way I know exactly what the person on the other end says. I also think that pharmacies are very busy places, and I am sure they have enough problems to deal with. I call on my own....but do always ask for the company name that produced my drug.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

My favorite pharmacy is small and very busy. I make sure that I am always friendly, and respect their posted break times. Whenever I have a question, I call and leave a message that includes my name, phone number, and exactly what the question is. The pharmacist then has time to look up the answer, and calls me back when he has time. Because I make sure to stay on excellent terms with everyone in the drugstore, I have never had to wait more than 24 hours for an answer.