Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Tapioca Starch / Is This A Allergin To Wheat Intolerants

5 posts in this topic

it seems ( maybe only to me as I could have purchased a look alike container) as though a gerber baby food has changed a babyfood .... Mango dessert which the last time I bought it ... was just plain old mango with no dessert,.. now has tapioca starch... is this a problem for wheat intolerants.. He eats rice flour fine but .. I realize this is not rice flour but something totally differnt ... HElp .. I need to know if I just glutened the baby.... ahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I need help and I need it fast.. Celiac busters .... ( lol ) but help really ...

Ads by Google:

Tapioca is gluten-free. It is safe for celiacs.

okay I am awake now..... this is in most flours ... and stuff that we are using to combat the wheat intolerance... But I know some folks are allergic to it ... But I guess I am going to have to see.

But are most folks who are not Celiac but wheat intolerant able to eat it or is this a who knows ans you have to see ... just wondering.

thanks Psawyer... I was in a panick....... stuff hasnt slipped by me in a while .... but this one did. I guess they changed something or just have a similiar lable for a slightly differnt product... but I have ingrained in my head from this web site to allways read ingredients.... I guess better at the grocery store .. and not after you have fed your baby the product.

thanks for your speedy response.

tapioca, iirc, is a root, not even a grain, and is definitely unrelated to wheat and safe for celiacs. there are a few people who do not handle tapioca well, but that's the exception rather than the rule. (heh, so are all of us, though. :) )