Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Flax Seed Oil

15 posts in this topic

I've been suffering from pregnancy constipation. In the past i have always used flax seed oil gel capsules. When i started getting constipation i decided to take it again . I have only taken the capsules like 5 times in the four months. Didn't think it was dangerous, there was no warning on the bottle. And i have heard it is good to have some flax. I looked up in the internet and it says that FLAX is not recommended!. I am know extremely worried that i have caused damage of some kind.

Ads by Google:

I've never heard that. Where do you read it?

richard

I tell my sister to use chlorella and spirulina for her pregnancy related constipation. She could not believe the instant relief. There is great health benefits to using these two products as well. I have recently heard that too much flax is not good for you for some reason. I don't recall why exactly.

I have never had a problem with flax seed in any form.

If you look up pregnancy and flax seed oil on the net it says its not recommended. They don't have clear studies yet but it affects your estrogen levels.

I tell my sister to use chlorella and spirulina for her pregnancy related constipation. She could not believe the instant relief. There is great health benefits to using these two products as well. I have recently heard that too much flax is not good for you for some reason. I don't recall why exactly.

THanks for the advice

common sense tells me that you probably haven't harmed your baby. I didn't know this either, but read it the other day on the internet. I have a friend that has taken it daily with all four of her babies. Aloe vera isn't good either I guess. I don't think they really know much. I know primrose oil can stimulate contractions. THis would be the only legitimate reason I would think to not take it. Surely it isn't going to cause birth defects. I am just babbling I guess, but it doesn't make much sense to me.

MOnica

Anna, I seriously doubt that you could possibly have harmed your baby by taking flax seed oil. It isn't like you were drinking it by the bottle!

Really, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I know flax seed oil helps the body produce and raise testostorne levels, and when testosterone rises, estrogen levels usually go down. Thus it would make sense that women who are pregnant should not take flax seed oil, but I seriously doubt that 5 capsules over 4 months produced any negative effects on you or your baby.

Flaxseed Oil product was a excellent. Flaxseed Oil made me feel a whole lot better than I did before. I am happy bought it. I this Flaxseed Oil product to anyone who wants to maintain balance with themselves.

Read More: http://Lame Advertisement.com/flax+seed.aspx

HUH?????

I have never had a problem with flax seed in any form.

I am looking for a safe/ uncontaminated flax oil. I am new to this and I don't know if flax oil is a risk. I tried barleans and it seemed to be ok but I wanted a tried a true recommendation from someone if possible.

HUH?????

I believe english is not ruyhwong's first language, and he was just expressing that he liked flax seed oil . ..

I believe english is not ruyhwong's first language, and he was just expressing that he liked flax seed oil . ..

It kinda looks like spam to me, actually.

It kinda looks like spam to me, actually.

I agree, smells very much like spam. It's a first post.

With that said, flax seed (as with everything. . .in moderation) should be perfectly fine and even beneficial for you and your baby. Here's an article stating things with omega-3's are great.

http://www.providence.org/Oregon/Health_Re...y_Nutrition.htm

Also. . congrats on your pregnancy!

I am 19 weeks now and certainly had constipation in the beginning. Eat prunes or drink prune juice. It helped me out a bit and then the problem resolved in time.