#1 ryeanddiet

ryeanddiet

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 04:59 AM

Hi,
Wondering if pre-gluten-free anyone noticed their reactions to a specific gluten food varied.
I'm back on gluten for 3 months to prepare for the biopsy and have to ingest gluten twice a day.
Some mornings I have a bagel and cr.cheese and it's only moderate pain (I'm lactose intolerant but take lactaid pills), sometimes (like right now) it's horrible. The other day I had bread at breakfast and it wasn't too bad, but was sick after my spinach and crouton salad at lunch - in fact I had to hit bed for the rest of the day.
I have positive anti-bodies, steatorrhea, alt constip and diar,psoraisis, low iron, low b-12 and definetly had all symptoms clear the 8 months I was gluten-free but I'm puzzled I don't get the same reaction consistently after the same food :huh:
Thoughts? anything to do with what is already digesting or has last digested or stress?? anyone else experience similar??
thanks!
jen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GEF

GEF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 05:20 AM

Hello!

I'm pre-diet as well and I have the same thing occur... up's and down's of symptoms. I believe mine is totally stress-related, but I'm just not sure. When my system is upset, I also have a dramatic increase in lactose intolerance.

Gretchen

#3 ryeanddiet

ryeanddiet

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 05:38 AM

Thanks Gretchen!
That's what I seem to get as well. It's a really bad week for me stress-wise and every little thing is causing more discomfort than usual for longer durations :blink: . Thanks for your info.

#4 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:34 AM

Each time I slip, the reaction is different. One time it was severe sinus congestion, the next time my stomach hurt beyond belief, after that, I was very irritable and depressed. I don't know why they are always different, it is very confusing. I guess that's the thing about Celiac: it is never the same way twice! Before being gluten-free, my reactions were also different. I had such varied reactions, from constipation to migraines to muscle cramps and anemia.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#5 Killarney

Killarney

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:54 PM

Yes, I have different reactions... sometimes to the same exact foods! One night, a Domino's pizza could give me horrible "D". Another night, just pain, bloating. Another night it could give me constipation. And another night it would cause nothing at all! No problems! That was why I let this go for a year because it was not consistent so I felt like I had nothing to go on. But I eventually went to the doctor and he did blood tests and I came up positive for antibodies. I always figured celiac disease presented the same symptoms. I never figured I would have it because I can eat gluten and many times nothing happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: