Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

I Feel Great

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 JerryK

JerryK

Hey you get to type in here after 500 posts!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

Hey second day in a row....I feel lovely. Hopefully it's a trend!
Dental Enamel Defects
Gastro symptoms
Positive Dietary Response
Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06
Transglutaminase IgA Positive
Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07
HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)
Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.
You’ve already won the lottery! Enjoy it!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

:lol: :lol:

You are so funny. You practically had to be dragged kicking and screaming into a gluten-free diet and now, see how nice it is?
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#18 JerryK

JerryK

Hey you get to type in here after 500 posts!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

:lol: :lol:

You are so funny. You practically had to be dragged kicking and screaming into a gluten-free diet and now, see how nice it is?

It's sooo bizarre, even work seems to stress me out less...
Dental Enamel Defects
Gastro symptoms
Positive Dietary Response
Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06
Transglutaminase IgA Positive
Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07
HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)
Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.
You’ve already won the lottery! Enjoy it!

#19 NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

Slayer Spice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

It's sooo bizarre, even work seems to stress me out less...

Dear JerryK,
That is not too surprising, actually. Anxiety disorders are even linked to gluten. It may be some of my mother's trouble. This affects you on so many levels, and the changes the diet brings are often surprising. You never realize how psychologically and physically tortured you can be by food sensitivities or Celiac. Way to go! Keep up the good work! :)

Dear Mtndog,
:lol: Yep, pooping to death is bad! As far as the cookies go, I love to get them fresh baked right out of the oven! They are so good! I usually eat four at a time, which is not healthy! However, I have a low fat recipe that is so good, and my best friend gave me the idea. I just replace the shortening and the margerine with an 8oz. container of Cool Whip Free, and use Splenda for baking instead of the granulated sugar, and they are great! My best friend taught me how to make these great cookies several years ago where you take any cake mix and add 1 egg and the Cool Whip, then roll it in a ball with 2 teaspoons, roll in some confectioner's sugar, then bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, and they are so good! Since Cool Whip is low in fat, that makes it better! You get to eat more! :P

Sincerely,
NoGluGirl
Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985
Asthma - 1994
Ovarian Cyst - May 1999
Anemia - 2000
4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000
Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative
Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy
Fibromyalgia - June 2001
IBS - June 2001
Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.
Thyroid Disease - August 2004
Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

#20 sfm

sfm

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

Oh, and the heartburn could still be dietary, I usually hear people recommending to cut out starchy/sugary foods for a while
and also caffeine? Or at least coffee, because it's so acidic and oily. Never had it, just an idea.

I had to eventually eliminate coffee - but can still have a chai latte at Starbucks (with soy - I also have casein sensitivity), and that seems to be okay (Thank god for still being able to have caffeine in some form).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: