#16 moldlady

moldlady

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:26 AM

Matt,
From what I have learned, do your best to get a diagnosis and then go forward with a lifestyle that will heal the body. Listen to your own body and keep trying things... as we are each different in how we respond and our genetic tendancies are a bit different.
ML :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 loraleena

loraleena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:40 AM

If there is bacteria in the bladder how come cultures are negative for it. The IC diet helps me, but if I stray or walk too much or have sex it flares up again! Can I have tapioca flour on the candida diet? How about cheese? I was on this diet before being gluten free (very strict version) and wasted away. Got so thin I stopped getting my period. I was trying Threelac, but it irritated my bladder (or maybe the candida was dying and caused a flare). What antifungals do you recomend? How about oregano oil?

#18 moldlady

moldlady

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

If there is bacteria in the bladder how come cultures are negative for it. The IC diet helps me, but if I stray or walk too much or have sex it flares up again! Can I have tapioca flour on the candida diet? How about cheese? I was on this diet before being gluten free (very strict version) and wasted away. Got so thin I stopped getting my period. I was trying Threelac, but it irritated my bladder (or maybe the candida was dying and caused a flare). What antifungals do you recomend? How about oregano oil?

Hi Loral,
The bacteria and fungus maybe protecting themselves with a biofilm that shields them from the drugs. They are there and continue to cause irritation and inflammation.
Oregano is a strong anti fungal and anti bacterial but you have to take enough of it and for a while in order to kill these resistant germs off. The diet/lifestyle is essential to starve it and then kill it off with antifungals.

I've heard that lemon oil (ingestible clean kind) in water first thing in the a.m. can really help the liver and kidneys and bladder too. Drink 32 oz. of warm water first thing in the a.m. and some fresh lemon juice and oil. Add a bit of stevia to sweeten and help get it all down. I'd start out with just 3-4 drops to get used to the oil. Lemon oil is a very strong anti fungal and would rotate well with the oregano oil caps.

Cheese is really not good because it is usually already contaminated with fungus even if you can't see it. If you have to have it, get the gouda from Norway that uses no hormones or anything extra like BSE. Then, when you get it home freeze immediately what you do not eat. That way it will kill any mold and will keep a long time with out spoiling. Gouda has the least amt. of carbs. which means it is almost totally fat.

#19 moldlady

moldlady

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

If the problem an overgrowth of Candida it is easily seen in a stool examination. I had persistant problems with Candida for several years. An ND told me to use Pau d' arco herb. I put 1/4 cup in a cup of water and simmered for 20 min. Then I sipped the tea during he day. It took several weeks to work. It also helps to stop eating anything sweet - with sugar. Even gluten free grains will break down to provide starches and sugars to feed the yeast.
You may also have picked up a bacterial infection or a parasite like Giardia or an amoeba or even a viral infection. Medical doctors may not be very helpful. I would suggest you go to the DR. Clark Information Center online and look at her Bowel Program and Parasite Cleanse. Another helpful website is Cure Zone.

Marian,
I've used Pau d'arco herb and it works but one has to take it continually for a long time. It should be rotated with other antifungals for best efficiency.

I agree that even the gluten free grains will feed fungus unless they are whole grains and taken less frequently. I would suggest only whole oats and brown rice occasionally and see how you do.

I forgot to say that when the bacteria and fungus are pushed back and into the cellular tissue of the bladder it is very hard to detect and many tests will not show a positive.
Yes, cure zone is a good site.

You probably already know this but cranberries and blueberries are pretty effective in keeping the germs from embedding in the bladder wall.

#20 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:28 AM

I found caprylic acid capsules work very well to clear candida. As has been stated, avoid things that feed the little buggers, like sugars, simple carbs, vinegar, etc. Stevia is a great natural sweetener too, regardless of any problems with sugars.

Some things that are supposed to help kill candida are Pau D'Arco, Black Walnut, Oregano Oil, Biotin (a B-complex vitamin) and Caprylic Acid. Here's one of many products which has them: http://www.nowfoods....mp;item_id=2790
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: