5 replies to this topic

#1 confused

confused

Just cause i cant have gluten doesnt mean im dying

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

My husband wanted to know what it means when u have to use the bathroom right after eating and it is the big D, but with no pain. Could that celiac, or anothe food intolerance. I have no idea since it takes me hours before i have to run to the bathroom

paula

gluten, casein and soy free
on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

My reaction can be immediate like that.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#3 Classicalbook22

Classicalbook22

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

I think it depends who you are, and I honestly think you can react differently each time you digest gluten. Usually within 20-30 minutes of gluten I am sick and in the bathroom, sometimes vomiting, sometimes just in pain (But I'm talking very small amounts of gluten, usually because of eating out and cross contamination). Before I went gluten free it was within 1 hour, now it's almost as soon as I eat. All in all I attribute it all to Gluten.
"You know you're a celiac if...
~You have made a list of every food you would eat if a magical genie could cure you~
~You keep this list with you at all times just incase you come across a magical genie~
~You have searched for a magical genie~
~You now have a very large collection of old lamps.~"

#4 Guest_cassidy_*

Guest_cassidy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

I'm usually in the bathroom 45 minutes after the first bite, so yes, it can be gluten. Tomatoes do the same thing to me, so it also could be another food intolerance.

I don't know how long you have been on the diet, but in my opinion the best thing to do is master eating gluten-free. Make sure that you aren't getting any cc or using any products with gluten. Once you are sure on that you can keep a food diary and see if there is another food that is causing the problems. It is hard to try to figure everything out at once. My intolerance symptoms and glutening symptoms only have D in common, I have many more problems w/gluten, so I was able to figure out that other foods were causing me problems.

#5 rsm

rsm

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:36 AM

I'm new to this but I have had the same thing for years. I gave up breakfast for that reason. Last bite then off to the bathroom. Breakfast always included some toast. When I was on Atkins I could eat eggs and bacon and not have a problem, now it makes sense.

#6 JennyC

JennyC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:49 AM

That's exactly what my son with Celiac disease did. He doesn't have any food allergies, but D after eating could also be a result from allergies as well. Celiac disease comes with many other symptoms...or no symptoms at all. It's challenging. I would recommend that your husband get some blood work done. They can screen for allergies and the possibility of Celiac disease. (Although some Celiacs don't have a positive blood test, so if there is no positive result further testing may be needed.)
Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.
Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: