Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten And Dairy Free Chocolate Easter Eggs?

• Please log in to reply

8 replies to this topic

#1 Team Young

Team Young

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

My son is gluten free and Dairy free and keeps asking me for chocolate easter eggs! Does anyone know of any?

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 alamaz

alamaz

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

these bars are gluten-free and DF, not sure if they are making eggs for easter or not.

http://www.worldpant...home.d2w/report
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007
Finally feeling better than ever!

#3 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:15 AM

these bars are gluten-free and DF, not sure if they are making eggs for easter or not.

http://www.worldpant...home.d2w/report

I would beware of those! Some are sweetened with malted grain and it says on some of the packages they can not guarantee that they are gluten free.

I make my own chocolates using molds and Enjoy Life Chocolate chips. It's easy to do using the microwave. Simply heat the chips on 1/2 power, stirring every 30 seconds or so. You want to get them to the point where they are starting to melt. Then melt the rest of the way by simply stirring. I do mine in a large glass measuring cup.

Use a smallish spoon to fill your molds, unless of course you have a large mold! Be careful not to overfill. You can even buy little squared of colored foil to wrap the candies in. I don't have any egg molds. They were out at the time I ordered mine. I do have small bunnies and some flowers though.

#4 momandgirls

momandgirls

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:01 AM

Try www.lakechamplainchocolates.com
One of my daughters is gluten and dairy free and the other is dairy free. I went into the store (VT) and they were very helpful. They had a book in the store that listed every ingredient in everything they sell. She could tell me exactly which chocolates were dairy and gluten free. I bought several things for my girls though I don't recall that I got any eggs (I don't have them in front of me now). I know that I did get chocolate bunnies though. Their chocolate is delicious. If you go to their site, there's a phone number listed. I assume if you call they can tell you which chocolate is gluten and dairy free (I don't see a listing on the website) and then you could order directly from them or find a store near you that carries them.
Does that help?

#5 girlfromclare

girlfromclare

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:35 AM

My son is also gluten and dairy free. Dark chocolate is naturally dairy free - if you go to your health food shops they will have dark chocolate eggs and many of them will have it marked on the egg that it is both gluten and dairy free. Dark chocolate is slightly bitter but still sweet and my son loves it! Make sure that it has a high percentage coca and that will ensure it is dairy free but ask the assistants to make sure.

#6 Team Young

Team Young

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:35 AM

Try www.lakechamplainchocolates.com
One of my daughters is gluten and dairy free and the other is dairy free. I went into the store (VT) and they were very helpful. They had a book in the store that listed every ingredient in everything they sell. She could tell me exactly which chocolates were dairy and gluten free. I bought several things for my girls though I don't recall that I got any eggs (I don't have them in front of me now). I know that I did get chocolate bunnies though. Their chocolate is delicious. If you go to their site, there's a phone number listed. I assume if you call they can tell you which chocolate is gluten and dairy free (I don't see a listing on the website) and then you could order directly from them or find a store near you that carries them.
Does that help?

THANKS! That is very helpful.

#7 Team Young

Team Young

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:38 AM

I would beware of those! Some are sweetened with malted grain and it says on some of the packages they can not guarantee that they are gluten free.

I make my own chocolates using molds and Enjoy Life Chocolate chips. It's easy to do using the microwave. Simply heat the chips on 1/2 power, stirring every 30 seconds or so. You want to get them to the point where they are starting to melt. Then melt the rest of the way by simply stirring. I do mine in a large glass measuring cup.

Use a smallish spoon to fill your molds, unless of course you have a large mold! Be careful not to overfill. You can even buy little squared of colored foil to wrap the candies in. I don't have any egg molds. They were out at the time I ordered mine. I do have small bunnies and some flowers though.

That is a great idea. Thank you!

#8 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:44 AM

Here's another site for you to check out--

http://www.choclat.c...Casein-free.php
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#9 Team Young

Team Young

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:16 PM

That is a great idea. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: