This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tomato Soup/cream Of Chicken Soup

Mom22

Mom22 Apprentice

Are there any brands out there that are gluten free?

Mom 2 2 celiac children

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BamBam Community Regular

I put in a recipe for Creamed soups on another thread, just above this one, please check that out and see if it will help you. It is for creamed soups such as mushroom, celery or chicken, I do not have a recipe for cream of tomato yet.

Bernadette ;)

lovegrov Collaborator

Imagine, Amy's, and Pacific tomato soups are gluten-free. Haven't found a cream of chicken that's gluten-free.

richard

Mom22 Apprentice

Richard, where do you get Imagine and Pacific brands? I have heard of Amy's, but not the other two you mention. Thanks.

lovegrov Collaborator

Imagine and Pacific will most likely be found in the natural foods section of your grocery store or at a natural foods store.

richard

tarnalberry Community Regular

Trader Joe's also carries a gluten-free red pepper and tomatoe soup.

KellyR Apprentice

Heinz also has a tomatoe soup, I got it from the gluten free pantry........Kelly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Peggy33 Newbie

I received a Gluten Free List from Campbells last week which include:

Red & White Condensed

Bean with Bacon

Chicken Broth

Chicken with Rice

Chicken with white and wild rice

Fiesta Tomato

Tomato with basil and Oregeno

Vegatable broth with Onions

Ready to Serve

Fiest Vegtable

Healthy Request

New England Clam Chowder

Ready to use

Chicken Broth

Chunky

Split Pea with Ham

They also said to keep checking the labels because they are constantly improving their recipes.

Hope this helps

:D

Peggy

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

Both Amy's and Imagine products are at Wegman's for sure (the gluten-free aisle), but some Giant Eagle stores carry them in their organic foods section.

lovegrov Collaborator

Everybody please be aware that the Heinz gluten-free tomato soup is made in the UK. The U.S. version is NOT gluten-free.

richard

KellyR Apprentice

Richard-

I just read my can and cant seem to find where the gluten is also I got it from the gluten free pantry, would they sell it if there is gluten in it? I also noticed on some of your posts that if the label says wheat, barley or rye it is not gluten free, what about oats? I am finding this diet so confusing, thank god for this board!!!!!

lovegrov Collaborator

The GFP is selling the gluten-free version from the UK. Don't worry, it's gluten-free.

Some companies include oats in their version of what isn't gluten-free and others don't. However, oats, like rye, is not generally ever hidden.

richard

Mom22 Apprentice

Thanks to you all for your replies. This gives me something to go on. My 9 year old has been asking for tomato soup with his gluten-free grilled cheese and I told him that I would find him some! Now, if I could only find a gluten free Pizza Hut!!!

Thanks.

Mom 2 2

plantime Contributor

Mom 2 2, If you can find a glutenfree Pizza Hut, I will kiss your feet! :P

Mom22 Apprentice

LOL! I have been very fortunate that my parents are retired and my mom does the bulk of my baking of breads, cookies, rolls, cupcakes and treats for our children. We have found that the chebe bread mixes make the best pizza crusts and bake them ahead and freeze them. Then when we make pizza, I just thaw out a shell, top the pizza and bake. My mom also recently experimented with using chebe mix to make a pie crust! It was a pretty awesome pumpkin pie. Our children are 4 (daughter) and 9 (son) and both loved going to Pizza Hut! Maybe one day, but at least, they are both healthy and growing!!

Mom 2 2

plantime Contributor

I am a stay-at-home mom of two teenagers, so I have time to bake, myself. If I knew of any celiacs in my area, I wouldn't mind baking for them, too. I would even be happy to make my kitchen into a bakery, but my area is small, so it wouldn't be worth the effort to go that far! It is very good that your mom helps you like that. Thank you for brightening my day!

debmidge Rising Star

I once sighted Heinz tomato soup at Wegman's in their international aisle. Unfortunately at the time I had no idea that there are 2 versions (USA vs UK). I assume that since it was in the International Aisle, it was from UK. Next time I am there I'll have to look closer.....

darlindeb25 Collaborator

ummmmmmmmm my daughter loves campbells chunky new england clam chowder soup and i have a can in my hand right now--it states: contains less than 2% of the following: bleached enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate and later it has modified food starch, which can be ok and then it also has soy sauce (soybeans, wheat, and salt) :angry: i was pretty sure i had read this can before--i guess even though they say its gluten-free, its up to us to be positive and i know i would not eat this soup--any regular soup that is a cream soup more then likely will be thickened with flour which will probably be wheat--just watching out for us--sorry----deb

Archived