This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

7 Weeks gluten-free

JerryK

JerryK Community Regular

So I've noticed after 7 weeks or so (ok, I did cheat and have a cookie) I feel a dramatic decrease in feelings of stress, tension, anxiety and a nice increase in feelings of well being.

I feel calmer, more in control, more upbeat, more focused. Work crap doesn't bother me that much. Yeah things will piss me off and I'll get upset, but I seem to bounce back much much quicker.

I guess I didn't really equate the way I was feeling with what I was eating, but it sure was making a difference.

So um like is this all in my head:) Anyone else experience this?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

runner girl Rookie

I am 6 weeks gluten free and now feel like I have more energy. I used to be tired all the time, thought that it was normal, now I have so much more energy. Because of this, I feel I am better able to deal with stress and seem to be more tolerant.

Good luck and congrats on 7 weeks gluten free! :rolleyes:

Runnergirl

P.S. I made the best pinapple upside down cake the other day. It tasted so good! The first baked good in 6 weeks. The recipe was in The Gluten Free Gourmet Makes Desert. I highly recommend it, it wasn't hard to make either!

confused Community Regular
I am 6 weeks gluten free and now feel like I have more energy. I used to be tired all the time, thought that it was normal, now I have so much more energy. Because of this, I feel I am better able to deal with stress and seem to be more tolerant.

Good luck and congrats on 7 weeks gluten free! :rolleyes:

Runnergirl

P.S. I made the best pinapple upside down cake the other day. It tasted so good! The first baked good in 6 weeks. The recipe was in The Gluten Free Gourmet Makes Desert. I highly recommend it, it wasn't hard to make either!

I hope when i reach 6 and 7 weeks i feel so much better. I have been having very little energy this week, but i think it is more cause i mourn no more cheese lol. And the weather has been nice, then snow, then rain, then nice, it kinda makes u tired lol

congrats to both of you to feeling better.

paula

gfp Enthusiast

hate to say I told you so ..usually but in this case it seems to have worked out rather well.

UR Groovy Explorer
So um like is this all in my head:) Anyone else experience this?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yes.

All my compulsive (except one stupid one) urges are gone. I can actually sit & relax & enjoy a moment

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Congratulations Jerry--keep it up. Might I add, what a beautiful picture of you and the kids. I was thinking you said your kids were older, maybe I am remembering wrong--who is in the pic with you? The little guy looks like you.

johnsoniu Apprentice

Congrats Jerry, I know you've had your struggles along the way, but I think you can honestly see now that it was well worth it.

I also have noticed dramatic decreases in stress and anxiety in my 7 gluten free weeks.Just today at work when the wheels were coming off, I kept my head and it didn't even bother me. I hadn't even realized I had been in a stressful situation until about an hour later. Two months ago I would have been flying around the office calling everyone morons.

They're still morons, but I tell them diplomatically and privately now instead of lumping them all together in one big outburst B)

Keep up the good work man!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

maryjoali Newbie

I went gluten-free in January 2007 and I honestly cannot believe the difference. I cannot even begin to fathom how I survived before cutting poison out of my diet! I don't know if it's the vitamins (B12 shot and oral supplements), the improvement in my sleep or the peace of mind of just knowing what's wrong with me, but I'm loving life now!! It's an adventure for me to find new foods and recipes to try...although it is expensive...but worth it! :) I've found this forum to be really inspirational for me too since finding out! I've done a lot of reading over the past few months and have learned SOOO much!

Cynbd Contributor

I have been gluten-free for four months now. Initially, (through the holidays mostly) I felt incredibly good. I actually noticed how incredibly good and happy I felt. Which was in such contrast to all these year of dealing with life on or around a toilet everyday... geesh.

Then I hit a rough patch for a month or so, I was getting sick from something once every week or two -- which I gotta say is way down from 3-4 days every week, but I realized after feeling so good how mentally intolerant I became of even an occasional bad day. Now I have gone a full 7 weeks with only one bad day -- and I feel great.

It is really cool to feel so good, after feeling so "rotten" for so long.

Congrats on feeling so great -- it's a new life!!!

JerryK Community Regular
Congratulations Jerry--keep it up. Might I add, what a beautiful picture of you and the kids. I was thinking you said your kids were older, maybe I am remembering wrong--who is in the pic with you? The little guy looks like you.

Thanks, they are my three beautiful nieces. They are such cuties, I melt every time I get to see them.

Ursa Major Collaborator

Congratulations on feeling so much better physically and mentally. You and your nieces look so happy in the picture, I love it. They sure are cute, no doubt about that.

Archived