8 replies to this topic

#1 FeedIndy

FeedIndy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

I cannot find gluten information anywhere on the Hardee's website anymore. I found the nutrition section, but it didn't say anything about allergens. Does anyone know if Hardee's burgers (no bun, obviously) or fries would be safe? Also, the chili cheese fries look great, but I have been afraid to try them without a gluten free menu.
[color=#993399]Mom to 3 girls
DD1-diagnosed by allergist 10/2006
DD4 & DD9-diagnosed by Mom 01/2007

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

I cannot find gluten information anywhere on the Hardee's website anymore. I found the nutrition section, but it didn't say anything about allergens. Does anyone know if Hardee's burgers (no bun, obviously) or fries would be safe? Also, the chili cheese fries look great, but I have been afraid to try them without a gluten free menu.

I suspect that you couldn't find any gluten free information on Hardee's is that there is none.

Wendy's though, has several items to select from.

This risk of cross contamination is always a concern at fast food places.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 FeedIndy

FeedIndy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:29 PM

Oh, I know fast food restaurants are a cross contamination nightmare, but when traveling it just can't be helped much. We love Wendy's, but I was looking for something different now and then. Wendy's was a favorite even before gluten free and it jumped quickly to the top of the list.

I was afraid Hardee's wouldn't have anything. Dh likes it, but I guess it will have to stay a work-lunch stop.
[color=#993399]Mom to 3 girls
DD1-diagnosed by allergist 10/2006
DD4 & DD9-diagnosed by Mom 01/2007

#4 jaten

jaten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:17 AM

You're right, there is no more gluten-free info on the Hardee's website!!! They have a low-carb burger that used to be listed on the gluten free menu. It was served in a lettuce pocket and I used to get it occasionally as a lunch treat. The last 2 or 3 times I ordered it (couple of months apart) I got glutened, so of course I gave it up a few months ago.

I thought perhaps it was a cc issue at the one Hardees I visited. Now I wonder if they changed grill sprays, or something that causes it to no longer be gluten free. I react to truly trace amounts of gluten so who knows...cc or new supplier??? Hardee's no longer works for me (and they used to).

#5 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:06 AM

The low-carb Thickburger definitely was gluten-free, but I haven't checked on it or had one a in a while. The fries definitely are NOT gluten-free because there's no dedicated fryer.

richard

#6 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:10 AM

Wow, I didn't know Hardee's were still around. All of the ones in our area went ou a few years ago. CC is a big risk. Sorry their website is not very helpful. Some of us on here should get together and make our own grab and go dining facility. We would always have company!!! :)
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#7 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

BTW, if you really want to eat there, you should check on that low-carb Thickburger. IMO it's better than a burger with a bun -- and a whole lot fewer calories, sodium, and fat. Not healthful mind you, but an improvement. Also check on the low-carb breakfast bowl. It reads as if it should be gluten-free.

richard

richard

#8 jaten

jaten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:16 AM

BTW, if you really want to eat there, you should check on that low-carb Thickburger. IMO it's better than a burger with a bun -- and a whole lot fewer calories, sodium, and fat. Not healthful mind you, but an improvement. Also check on the low-carb breakfast bowl. It reads as if it should be gluten-free.

richard

richard

Oh YES!! That low-carb thick burger was/is awesome!!! I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to write the company, but if someone does, I'd love to hear their reply. I LOVED that lettuce-wrapped burger!!

If it's still gluten free, I still won't return to the location convenient to me, but I'll give other locations a go when I travel. I can't help but wonder though if there's been some change. I used to always eat it with never a problem. Then suddenly, several months ago, I was definitely glutened about 3 times in a row, several weeks or more apart. Of course my original assumption could have been correct, second-hand glutening (my entire experience was with one specific location).

#9 somegirl2004

somegirl2004

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

I live in Wisconsin and have eaten successfully at two Hardee's (one in Oshkosh, WI and the other in Oconto, WI). Both times I got the low-carb burger in a lettuce wrap. Granted, I haven't eaten at Hardee's in about a year, but the last time I was at the Oconto Hardee's, they had a dedicated fryer for fries. I don't think the one in Oshkosh had a dedicated fryer, so apparently they vary by location....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: