5 replies to this topic

#1 jmengert

jmengert

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:57 AM

For those who have done or are doing the candida diet, did you have any digestive problems at first? I have very bad diarrhea and nausea since I cut out sugars and carbs--is this normal? Is this the candida beginning to die out?

I feel awful and feel like giving up, so does anyone have any experience with this? I'd love to hear it!
*Julie*
Gluten free since December 2004
Soy free since June 2005
Dairy free since July 2006

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 loraleena

loraleena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:03 AM

For those who have done or are doing the candida diet, did you have any digestive problems at first? I have very bad diarrhea and nausea since I cut out sugars and carbs--is this normal? Is this the candida beginning to die out?

I feel awful and feel like giving up, so does anyone have any experience with this? I'd love to hear it!

I was on this diet before going gluten free. I did not feel better and lost huge amounts of weight (which was not good since I was not overweight to begin with. But, I was also not gluten free yet either.

#3 Guest_cassidy_*

Guest_cassidy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:05 AM

I went on the diet a few months after going gluten-free. I lost way too much weight and had to stop it. I also felt crappy but I started the diet at the same time as I was taking 2 antibiotics so who knows what caused that. I eventually went with Threelac and it got rid of my candida problem. I didn't eat candy or sugar during that time but I did eat rice and fruit and still did very well.

I don't think the diet is reasonable, or helpful.

#4 jmengert

jmengert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:58 AM

Thanks for the replies. I had to eat some carbs yesterday (but just had some corn) because I was feeling awful. I've also lost 5 pounds after only doing this for a week, and I don't need to be losing any weight. I've done some research on the Threelac, and I think I may buy that--it seems to have helped a lot of people.

Thanks again!
*Julie*
Gluten free since December 2004
Soy free since June 2005
Dairy free since July 2006

#5 Guest_adamssa_*

Guest_adamssa_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:29 PM

also make sure that it's the candida that's really your problem. some naturopaths are really stuck on yeast when there other factors at work. i was told i had candida and so stuck with the diet way to long, when it was really my thyroid. cutting out sugar will never hurt you, but you really want to make sure that's really your problem, because the diet is so ridicolous. how have you determined you have yeast? and it's hard not to lose weight when you eat that way.

#6 flowergirl

flowergirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:57 AM

I did the anti-candida diet before going gluten-free and lost a lot of unwanted weight but I did have a problem getting enough carbs in. If I had do it again I would add probiotic kefir slowly. I am sure I'd get good results. Don't give up on the diet yet. Go slowly and be patient. It takes time. B) Also eat lots of papaya. It'll help the gut heal quicker and it is gentle and nutricious. That was the advice my homeopath gave me and it worked quite well.
Gluten intolerant - self diagnosed 2007 (not willing to do gluten challenge) and anemic
no dairy, soy, legumes, eggs, sugar, chocolate
no baked and processed foods (also gluten-free bakery) and high GI (due to hypoglycemia)
enjoy brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and polenta instead
neurological symptoms flare up when glutened and in times of stress
following paleo diet, lots of raw fruit and veg, omega 3 oils, nuts

I feel heathy and able to function for the first time in my life. Thank God.
Organic food gives a great advantage.
Kefir rules!

On a mission to get rid of Candida overgrowth after a stressful event dropped my immune system. On a strict anti-candida diet using herbs and natural remedies. No meds or drugs to make it worse thanks.

http://www.gilbertss...com/candida.php
http://www.candidasu...rg/candida.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: