#31 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

Sandy,

PM Rachel--24. She's had the RAI and can talk to you about that. Things she's learned etc. :)

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 georgie

georgie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:55 PM

At present the docs have me on PTU- 12 pills a day.

For Graves ? Have you got your original blood test results that confirm that you have Graves. I know this sounds bizarre but I have heard of so many that get misdx , and have RAI unnecessarily. I just want to make sure you are aware of the misdx that happen.

Have you given any thought or researched what you will do after RAI ? Will you take a complete Thyroid med like Armour, or a T4/T3 combo ? STTM has a Forum for people with RAI issues , and coping skills for post op.

Diagnosed May 2006 - Hashimotos Thyroid after being diagnosed in 1977 and told it didn't matter.
Diagnosed June 2006 with adrenal insufficiency.
Diagnosed June 2006 as Gluten Intolerant after I failed the Challenge Diet. Negative blood test.No biopsy.
Diagnosed June 2006 as B12 low. Needed weekly injections for a year.Still have them every 2 weeks.
Trialled Dairy Free Diet and reacted positively to that challenge in January 07.
News Flash! Coeliac Genetic Testing done April 08 . DQ2 Positive !
Diagnosed July 2010 FODMAP. Limits on Fructose, lactose, polyols, fructans. NO ONION! But I can have hard cheese, butter and cream again!!!

#33 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

mamaw, What do you take for your Thyroid ?

Georgie: Thanks for showing the stopthemadnessthyroid site....I too take Levoxyl and still feel tired, dry etc. too bad we can't just go into pharmacy & get Armour without prescription. I now want to try it. (I have hypo thyroid and nodule issues).

Hope you're feeling better mamaw....

Deb
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#34 annaleeb

annaleeb

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:55 AM

:( Hi, everybody.

Mamaw (Sande) emailed me that she was hospitalized with sudden major thyroid problems. Apparently, her thyroid suddenly became super-hyper, pumping out massive amounts of hormone that sent her heart into afib. I got the feeling from her that the doctors didn't seem to know what's causing this or what to do.

So please join me in some prayers on her behalf. Or post here if you have any clues on why a gluten-free celiac would suddenly develop this.

Thanks so much.

I will certainly add her to my prayer list. That was very sweet of you to let us know what her situation is.

#35 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

Boy, did I get blasted from the endo doc!!!! He is a very strong advocate of synthoid & nothing else. I asked or mentioned armour & he blew his top & stated in a stern voice that it should be removed from the market immediately.. He is very mainstream & hates alternative docs or ideas. I just keep telling him that there is a place for both treatments in todays lifestyles....
I have tried to ask many ????'s on stopthethyroidmadness site but no one ever answers & I have trouble even accessing it at times so I gave up....I have read alot on there....
I'm now praying that this will work for me.... the RAI......
Since I stopped the PTU cold turkey (doc said too) I have no more or less pain in my feet. I thought I had heel spurs along with plantar fasacites... so bad at times I could not bear my weight... but since I stopped the PTU the pain is getting less & less.Of course again I was told that is not a side effect of taking PTU.
I'm so tired at this point of the game I almost don't care anymore. I've lost my will be fight this.I only make it about four hours before I have to rest, then I'm good for a few more hours...
Actually I do need to e-mail Rachel 24 but this is it for tonite-- just to tired to do so....

thanks to everyone
blessings

mamaw

#36 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

-- just to tired to do so....

Take the rest you need and don't worry about your doctor. Mainline is very intimidated by the natural side of medicine it seems. I'm not surprised you found hostility.

Glad to hear removing the one med is taking away some of the discomfort you were going through.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: