This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Ugh Day 3 Gluten Challenge

dally099

dally099 Contributor
:blink: ugh so im into day 3 now, and my stomach hearts, have this headache thing that comes and goes usually after i eat, havent had D yet but when i do go its that lovely smelly floaty stuff again, but the worst part that drives me the most nuts is the sense of tired!and the brain fog oh my!i feel stupid for the most part, and soooooooo tired, it hits within an hour of eating. also that zitty itchy rash is back on my legs again. oh i will be glad when this is done, i got my bread mix from red mill so im excited to give that a try!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

April in KC Apprentice

Oh, I am so sorry! I'm thinking of showing this to my DH...you are describing how I feel when I have gluten. I'm only 4-5 weeks into starting the gluten-free diet, and I'm still learning (and reacting to a few things). But I felt this way for years without understanding why. I kept buying the line that all moms (of three kids) feel tired...well, now I know that people who said that had no idea how tired I really felt. It was NOT normal. Comments like that kept me from looking for help, really.

How long do you have to do your challenge? Good luck! I'm afraid my GI will ask me to do a challenge. I went gluten-free after a positive blood test. The GI appointment is still a couple of weeks away, and I can't start back on gluten now since I'm nursing a baby who also seems sensitive to gluten (bleeding eczema sensitive, and it's clearing more each week that I'm off the stuff). If he wants a challenge, it's going to have to wait until this summer.

Sorry you're feeling so poorly. I hope you accomplish your objective (presumably a formal diagnosis).

April

brendygirl Community Regular

You poor thing! I hope it's over soon!

dally099 Contributor
You poor thing! I hope it's over soon!

i see my doc at the end of the month, he wanted me to go off gluten/wheat for 2 months and then try again for a couple of weeks and see how i feel. my blood work was negetive (after 2 weeks of being on the diet) he is curios to see if its a wheat allergy or accuall celiacs, ive had some hot flashes and now im feeling more constipated then anything, im about to eat my breakfast, cornflakes so we'll se how that goes. yes i blame being tired and stupid on having 4 kids to hang out with all day! :lol:

chgomom Enthusiast

Be careful, keep well hydrated and if at any time you feel really sick, call your doctor right away.

I am particularly sensitive and ended up in the ER day 5 of mine.

dally099 Contributor
Be careful, keep well hydrated and if at any time you feel really sick, call your doctor right away.

I am particularly sensitive and ended up in the ER day 5 of mine.

well im wondering about the lag time for some people, im on day 3 and not feeling as awful as i had thought i would, i was very sick until feb when i cut the gluten out, what is the lag time for some people, im wondering now if its not celiac's just some senstitivities, and the fact that soy is in everything is not helping, im avoiding soy as best i can for the challenge. how long has it taken for some people to get sick again i was only gluten-free for 2 months? thanks.

chgomom Enthusiast

Me after 2 mos It took me a week to get really sick.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor
well im wondering about the lag time for some people, im on day 3 and not feeling as awful as i had thought i would, i was very sick until feb when i cut the gluten out, what is the lag time for some people, im wondering now if its not celiac's just some senstitivities, and the fact that soy is in everything is not helping, im avoiding soy as best i can for the challenge. how long has it taken for some people to get sick again i was only gluten-free for 2 months? thanks.

For me when I did the Dr assisted elimination diet it took 4 days for the D to set in. He told me when we started that I should only add a food every 5 days. He said when the problem is an intolerance it can take up to 5 days for the reaction to hit the gut.

It does sound like you are definately reacting though. Remember that it is not just a 'gut' disease, it also effects the rest of the body. The antibodies are in the bloodstream and effecting the brain and even for some of us the joints muscles and other organs.

Do call your doctor and let him know what is going on.

Archived