Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Melted Cheese

7 posts in this topic

i know that i have a problem with dairy. it's not bad enough to make me stop eating it, though ;) . but, i'm wondering if anyone here has noticed a larger problem with melted cheese? i can have a piece of cheddar and be fine, but if i take the same piece of cheddar and melt it, about half the time it will give me d.

maybe it's all in my head (i don't think so...but). has anyone else noticed this? and if you have, any idea why?

carrie

Ads by Google:
i know that i have a problem with dairy. it's not bad enough to make me stop eating it, though ;) . but, i'm wondering if anyone here has noticed a larger problem with melted cheese? i can have a piece of cheddar and be fine, but if i take the same piece of cheddar and melt it, about half the time it will give me d.

maybe it's all in my head (i don't think so...but). has anyone else noticed this? and if you have, any idea why?

carrie

I would think it is a good possibility. Rather not the melted cheese, but hit and miss with dairy.

Maybe its what your melting it on. Some kind of combo response.

The nutritionist at my son's gastro. office told me that with a dairy intolerance it could be hit or miss. She said that some people who are lactose intolerant actually produce enough lactase to be able to digest some dairy. So for example, maybe you could handle dairy once a day but not more than that. I think it depends on the person and the intolerance.

Nicole

Maybe its what your melting it on. Some kind of combo response.

That would be my guess....

Lots of gluten-free bread can be a little hard to digest by itself... add a very fatty item like cheese and the fact our dogestive systems aren't 100% and...

those are good points. i can't understand it, it's the oddest thing. i was thinking that it might be a change in the chemical composition that's the problem. i don't know. i was hoping that someone else would have noticed the same thing. ah well, i guess it's just the way it is.

thanks guys :)