This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Starbucks

mookie03

mookie03 Contributor

So i walk into starbucks today and the first thing i see in that little case of treats is a gluten-free Brownie called the Aztec Ancho Chili Brownie (random!) It was in the case with the rest of the pastries - wasnt touching anything but i was still a little hesitant (and not hungry). Anyway, has anyone tried it? This was in Midtown NYC. Seems like a strange flavor and i dont know if it is any good, but i was thinking if Starbucks is carrying gluten free, it really has become mainstream...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Their peanut butter stacks are also supposed to be gluten-free, but I've never seen them.

You can always ask for one that's not contaminated ... they usually have more in the back in the original packaging.

jerseyangel Proficient

My husband and I were just in Starbucks on Sunday. I looked in the case and around the front desk area to see if they had anything that was gluten-free. They didn't :(

To make matters worse, the pastries they did have looked so good--my husband got a black and white cookie, and I ate the Enjoy Life Bar I had in my purse <_<

CarlaB Enthusiast

Patti, next time bring a Kinnikinnick donut and ask for a plate :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, next time bring a Kinnikinnick donut and ask for a plate :rolleyes:

:lol: I'm usually better prepared, but it was a spur of the moment thing. ;)

Guhlia Rising Star

Hmmm... We just got a brand new Starbucks in my town. I haven't been there yet because I'm pregnant and trying to avoid caffeine, but I wonder if they have that gluten free brownie. I may have to go check.

jerseyangel Proficient

Angie,

They have herbal and de-caf teas there, too.

I don't drink coffee, so I always have tea.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I drink tea too, no coffee. My Starbucks at the hospital I work doesn't have anything gluten free in the food line...not yet...but there is always hope.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I'll definately look tomorrow. I have 4 Starbucks within a block of me at work (literally 1 on every corner of each block around my building). I'll report back :)

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I checked it today and OMG just like Stefi said, a gluten free brownie at Starbucks. However it's in the same case as all the other baked goods with all their crumbs. They were sitting on a plate that was higher than everything else but it was still in to close proximity for me to risk trying it.

But I decided to call corporate and let them know that while I think it's great they have a gluten free brownie the fact that it's amongst all the other deserts poses a problem. I suggested that maybe they keep a few on display so people know they have them but if someone orders one, to have a clean box in the back that they actually take it from. The woman on the phone was very nice and receptive to my comments.

mookie03 Contributor

Jillian - that's awesome! And good for you for calling corporate - i thought about it but have been really busy and havent had a chance - i guess the more people that call the more likely they are to institute a policy about it. FYI, was at Woodbury Commons today and they had it at the starbucks there too...its everywhere!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Jillian, they probably had more in the back. All the baked goods come premade/boxed. Hubby has asked for things not in the case before and they've gotten them from the back for him.

Suezboss Apprentice

I thought I read somewhere (a few months ago) that they were going to start carrying gluten-free products, but that they would be individually wrapped... Looks like that idea never happened!!

I'm going to check the Starbucks by me as well, and speak to a manager THERE, at least if they can't make a "coporate" decission, the individual Managers should be recptive, and take appropiace precausions.

Archived