This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Take This Mind Test - It Is Freaky!

Canadian Karen

gfp Enthusiast
Nikki--Spanner=wrench--I had no idea :D

Like Susie, I wonder where all of us "hammer people" but with different colors fit in? ;)

Ok--I think I'm officailly overthinking this :lol:

Erm nope its got me stumped....

If it helps this was my thought process as best I can explain.....

Hmm color and tool.... OK color's easy.. what's a tool.... well a camera is a tool and a computer is a tool but obviously I'm stretching this... hmmm what was the last tool in the sense its meant I used... drill ... my drill is green.... solves both.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
green drill here ????

when all you have is a drill the whole world is suddenly full of holes!

:lol:

Like Susie, I wonder where all of us "hammer people" but with different colors fit in? ;)

Maybe we're only half abnormal!

Mango04 Enthusiast

Okay so I did this once a while back and I just did it again. Both times I could not help but say "purple hammer" immediately after I was done calculating. I really want to know how that works :huh:

Suzie-GFfamily Apprentice
Nikki--Spanner=wrench--I had no idea :D

There is obviously more consistency within this group for the tool that was chosen- a hammer.

This "experiment" illustrates how our minds store/organize/retrieve information- which is a branch of psychology known as cognitive psychology.

A hammer is a prototypical example of a tool for the vast majority of people- and when asked to provide an example of something from the "tool" category on the spur of the moment people will be most likely to retrieve the name of the tool that represents their prototype.

The same sort of trick or experiment could be done using a different question- like bird instead of tool. People would be more likely to say something like sparrow or robin instead of flamingo, for the same reason.

I guess "red" may be a prototypical colour for many people too, but within this group it may not be.

Suzie

UR Groovy Explorer

If my theory is correct, 98% of us have the ability to wrecklessly jump to conclusions.

2%, while being "half abnormal" :huh::P , or completely abnormal, have no choice but to think about stuff.

I've thought about it, and I think the answer is right there - over-thinking. A thinker will think momentarily about the answer - analyze quickly, if you will. Like the drill - thought about the last tool used. There was a process of thought. For me, no process - just thoughts. Someone who doesn't analyze (like me - I hate to admit it - I used to be an analyst of sorts) is accustomed to going with the first thing that shoots into their mind. Not that I'm simple-minded (maybe I am?) - just not analyzing the question - but when I started reading, I made a conscious effort to not think about it, so I guess that I was thinking about it somehow.

Hammer - the most basic tool, no?

Red - of the primary colors, red is the most brilliant, no?

Dandelion Contributor

I got red hoe. My husband got blue hammer. He says that together we make one normal mind. :lol:

Anonymousgurl Contributor

I said purple hammer too!

So that makes about 4 or 5 of us that said purple hammer? I think that means we're pretty normal. LoL.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lonewolf Collaborator

Orange screwdriver :huh: . Does this make me "special" or "weird"?

jerseyangel Proficient

Maybe it means it's almost 5PM and you're thinking about a cocktail :lol:

lonewolf Collaborator

Well, it could, but it's only 2:00 here and I don't drink.

gfp Enthusiast

Just an observation but reminds me of a Penn and Teller episode in a way...

If they tell you that 98% of people pick red hammer and you do then ... WOW its amazing so you forward it and then if 50% of the people (just randomly) then forwards it then its always being forwarded by someone who thinks WOW...

As was pointed out the hammer is a pretty basic tool and red a fairly common and as noted bright color..

One thing I forgot to say is my wallpaper is green.... so if I dare suggest... (sorry no meaning to offend) since its far more girls here than guys and lots of girls know the names and how to use a hammer but might not be all that comfortable with an angle grinder (if you have to look it up don't bother .. that's the point)...

I am pretty confident (but just wildly guessing really but if I say I'm confident... :D) if you gave the same test to say a load of dentists at a dental conference they'd come up with dental tools... or a factory where hammers aren't used (but maybe screwdrivers and pliers are) then you'd get a lot less red hammers????

as for asking me about a bird... easy... chicken, duck, goose, pheasant, quail (anyone get how my mind works :D)

yummm.....

kevsmom Contributor

Hmmm...Red Hammer

Cindy :P

kristend Rookie

I thought Blue Drill...def. abnormal! :)

Ursa Major Collaborator

Curiously, I got red hammer, and NOBODY has ever accused me of being normal before! :huh:

gfp Enthusiast
I thought Blue Drill...def. abnormal! :)

nah, its everyone else isn't normal... :D

beaglemania Rookie
Yep, I thought of purple hammer as well, lol. I've always suspected I was abnormal. :lol:

I also thought of a purple hammer.

jennyj Collaborator

I own a hardware store and do the majority of the paint mixing so I thought mauve dremel. :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I got red hoe. My husband got blue hammer. He says that together we make one normal mind. :lol:

this is fantastic :lol::lol:

excellent :lol:

Well, it could, but it's only 2:00 here and I don't drink.

well, maybe you should start? :P

I own a hardware store and do the majority of the paint mixing so I thought mauve dremel. :lol:

mauve dremel! I love that!! I must admit - - the color I first thought of was turquoise - - and both a screwdriver and cordless drill flashed through my mind - I picked screwdriver....

and since I just found out that my recent ex-boyfriend-not-quite-fiance is getting married in four months, I may just help myself to several orange screwdrivers, whilst looking for something to pound with a purple hammer...... :angry::(:huh:

rinne Apprentice
Blue hammer here ...and why are we all thinking of hammers?? :ph34r:

Me too, blue hammer it is. I'm thinking it could be a new cocktail but what should it have in it?

green drill here ????

when all you have is a drill the whole world is suddenly full of holes!

I'd say thirsty but I see you don't drink.

Susan, glad to see you in fine form. :P

Curiously, I got red hammer, and NOBODY has every accused me of being normal before! :huh:

It appears normality is being challenged, and about time. :lol: I've always know I was strange, I'm just surprised to find that I'm only half abnormal.

Thanks for the quiz Karen,

Felidae Enthusiast

Black hammer for me!

Guhlia Rising Star

Purple shovel... Is a shovel even technically a tool?!?!?! I think my second was allen wrench. Weird, huh? Of course, my favorite color is purple, so that's the only color I ever think when asked to choose a color quickly, on the spot.

swittenauer Enthusiast

I thought of a blue hammer. Close.

Tim-n-VA Contributor
Purple shovel... Is a shovel even technically a tool?!?!?! I think my second was allen wrench. Weird, huh? Of course, my favorite color is purple, so that's the only color I ever think when asked to choose a color quickly, on the spot.

Blue shovel for me. Shovel is definitely a tool. :lol:

Helena Contributor

yellow wrench.

I've always loved yellow and, well, when i'm asked to pick a tool, i automatically think of the game Clue--a game I haven't played for years but played a lot when I was a kid. It is the probably the only real life situation where I'm told to 'pick a tool'. A lot of the "tools" in the game aren't actual tools . . like the candlestick, lead pipe, rope. so that's probably why I thought of the wrench.

zakismom Newbie

Yellow rake?!

Archived