Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Birth Control Pills

4 posts in this topic

My doctor prescribed a birth control med, and when I went to the pharmacy to get it, they informed me it had lactose in it. I didn't want to take them as I am casian/dairy intolerant. I asked her if all of them do, and she said she would have to do a lot of research to find one that doesn't use lactose as a filler. She then informed me that another of my scripts has lactose in it also, and that has never bothered me, so I am going to start taking these.

I just wanted to let others now, in case they are not feeling well and don't know the problem. This could be a reason for an upset stomach system if you are really intolerant of dairy.

Daisy Duke

Ads by Google:

Just to add, all birth control pills have lactose. There are none that are lactose free.

My doctor prescribed a birth control med, and when I went to the pharmacy to get it, they informed me it had lactose in it. I didn't want to take them as I am casian/dairy intolerant. I asked her if all of them do, and she said she would have to do a lot of research to find one that doesn't use lactose as a filler. She then informed me that another of my scripts has lactose in it also, and that has never bothered me, so I am going to start taking these.

I just wanted to let others now, in case they are not feeling well and don't know the problem. This could be a reason for an upset stomach system if you are really intolerant of dairy.

Daisy Duke

I am casein intolerant, but the lactose in my bcp does not bother me at all. I've been on it for many years.

I'm extremely casein intolerant but pharmaceutical grade lactose does not bother me either. I do wish they would make lactose free bc pills though <_<