3 replies to this topic

#1 Daisy Duke

Daisy Duke

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

My doctor prescribed a birth control med, and when I went to the pharmacy to get it, they informed me it had lactose in it. I didn't want to take them as I am casian/dairy intolerant. I asked her if all of them do, and she said she would have to do a lot of research to find one that doesn't use lactose as a filler. She then informed me that another of my scripts has lactose in it also, and that has never bothered me, so I am going to start taking these.

I just wanted to let others now, in case they are not feeling well and don't know the problem. This could be a reason for an upset stomach system if you are really intolerant of dairy.

Daisy Duke
Daisy Duke
Montana
Gluten/Casein Free since 02/06

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lorka150

lorka150

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

Just to add, all birth control pills have lactose. There are none that are lactose free.
Gluten-free, Vegan

#3 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

My doctor prescribed a birth control med, and when I went to the pharmacy to get it, they informed me it had lactose in it. I didn't want to take them as I am casian/dairy intolerant. I asked her if all of them do, and she said she would have to do a lot of research to find one that doesn't use lactose as a filler. She then informed me that another of my scripts has lactose in it also, and that has never bothered me, so I am going to start taking these.

I just wanted to let others now, in case they are not feeling well and don't know the problem. This could be a reason for an upset stomach system if you are really intolerant of dairy.

Daisy Duke

I am casein intolerant, but the lactose in my bcp does not bother me at all. I've been on it for many years.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

#4 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:07 PM

I'm extremely casein intolerant but pharmaceutical grade lactose does not bother me either. I do wish they would make lactose free bc pills though <_<
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: