This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Day 7-gluten Challenge-ugh

dally099

dally099 Contributor

uhg today is day seven just in time for easter dinner, im italian and going to eat pasta, but oh is my tummy sore today! we went out for italian last night and drank beer, a glutteny of gluten.

overall my challenge didnt turnout quite like i expected, i found more neurological stuff like headaches and brain fog, i have had a headache for a week now, and some days im sooooo tired and stupid feeling. my bowel movements have been about 4-5 a day, some worse then others, but man that smell is back. sore tummy off and on, some nausea. hives and swelling have been a problem as allmost everything with gluten in it also has soy. we will see what today brings, i just want my tummy to feel better before company gets here, would love any feedback on gluten challenges from everyone here!

have a great easter everyone!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

what is the seven day challenge for? seven days isn't long enough for antibodies to show up on a blood test or for damage to show up on a biopsy. so if it's just to see if you react to gluten, you've already done that, and you can cut the experiment short... (I'm a bit confused by the process here...)

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Your challenge has been positive for a problem. Are you going for an endo tommorrow? Is there some reason why you are going for one more day even though the challenge was positive? I was diagnosed by an allergist through an elimination diet. Although he told me to add stuff in at one week increments I was in day four when my reaction started. I called him and he had me stop the challenge immediately.

dally099 Contributor

my doc had me go on the gluten-free diet for 2 months, unfortunately when he ran the blood work i was on the diet for 2 weeks and got a negative result. he wanted me to then put gluten/wheat back in for a week and see how i felt, ive documented everything on a spread sheet, and then go back on the gluten-free to see the difference. i see him at the end of this month and i will have all the info from this week and over the next couple of weeks to see the differences. im truly looking foward to eating hot rice cereal for breakfast tomorow and some rice bread toast w/butter!

just wondering if anyone else ever did this and how they felt, thanks for your replies

im back a few hours later after eating my easter dinner (a glutteny of gluten of course) oh my god! did not stay in long! and my guts are rumbling and my stomach is sooooo sore i can barely eat. im soooo glad to be done this tomorow and im keeping anul records of everything for the doc!

MinxyMandy Apprentice
uhg today is day seven just in time for easter dinner, im italian and going to eat pasta, but oh is my tummy sore today! we went out for italian last night and drank beer, a glutteny of gluten.

overall my challenge didnt turnout quite like i expected, i found more neurological stuff like headaches and brain fog, i have had a headache for a week now, and some days im sooooo tired and stupid feeling. my bowel movements have been about 4-5 a day, some worse then others, but man that smell is back. sore tummy off and on, some nausea. hives and swelling have been a problem as allmost everything with gluten in it also has soy. we will see what today brings, i just want my tummy to feel better before company gets here, would love any feedback on gluten challenges from everyone here!

have a great easter everyone!!

Hello...

I am on my 5 th week of eating gluten biopsy tomorrow...

I feel sooooo depressed suicidal..massive belly and very sore..I had more issues with big bulky stools or constipation now I have direah and cant wait to get back on diet ..

Ive also had a weird coldsore for the whole time which just wont go it just sits there as if its waiting to come up again in a funny blister..I dont want to go anywahere cant stop crying..and keep getting the urge to eat loads of chocolate as I wont ever be eating it again after this!!!

Keep smiling ..how long are you doing it for ????

Mandx

dally099 Contributor
Hello...

I am on my 5 th week of eating gluten biopsy tomorrow...

I feel sooooo depressed suicidal..massive belly and very sore..I had more issues with big bulky stools or constipation now I have direah and cant wait to get back on diet ..

Ive also had a weird coldsore for the whole time which just wont go it just sits there as if its waiting to come up again in a funny blister..I dont want to go anywahere cant stop crying..and keep getting the urge to eat loads of chocolate as I wont ever be eating it again after this!!!

Keep smiling ..how long are you doing it for ????

Mandx

oh i hope your biopsy gets done so you can stop feeling sooo lousy, my doc told me a week or 2 depending how i felt (hes very understanding and dosent want me to make my self sick) after the way i felt yesterday and having D through out the day i am done! i had a lovely peice of rice raison bread w/peanut butter for breakfast this morning and took my probiotic as well as my enzyme and my tummy didnt rumble for the first time in 2 days and i dont have the urge. my D didnt come till yesterday but all week i was constipated. sooo glad to be done. and i dont have a headache for the first time in a week. GOOD LUCK

Archived