Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Lung Bacteria

4 posts in this topic

I would like to know if anyone has had a bacteria(normally found in the lungs )show up in the doudenum. If you have, please let me know what your Dr. did about it, where did it come from etc.

They found this, quote, "strange bacteria in his duodenum that is typically found in the lungs."

We did a test yesterday for Cystic Fibrosis and waiting for results. The Dr. does not have any idea how this bacteria would be in his duodenum. Any help would be appreciated.

Tracy

Ads by Google:

Royal Blue, that is extremely interesting. I definitely hope everything turns out well for you w/ this. If you get the oppurtunity, let us know what results you come by in the testing. All the best to you and your family.

Well we spent the last month at childrens hospital. It turned out to be Cystic Fibrosis, not Celiac disease.

Not to scare anyone, but, if your symptoms are not greatly improving on the gluten-free diet, maybe look in to CF. According to the CF doctors the symptoms are almost identical. CF is not just a lung disease, it also greatly affects the digestive system.

It is genetic, and my husband, myself and our familys had no idea it was in our family history.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

I'm sorry to hear that it is CF. At least you know what it is though. We will keep you in our prayers.

God bless,

Mariann