3 replies to this topic

#1 ROYAL BLUE

ROYAL BLUE

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:53 PM

I would like to know if anyone has had a bacteria(normally found in the lungs )show up in the doudenum. If you have, please let me know what your Dr. did about it, where did it come from etc.

They found this, quote, "strange bacteria in his duodenum that is typically found in the lungs."

We did a test yesterday for Cystic Fibrosis and waiting for results. The Dr. does not have any idea how this bacteria would be in his duodenum. Any help would be appreciated.

Tracy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 red345

red345

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:16 AM

Royal Blue, that is extremely interesting. I definitely hope everything turns out well for you w/ this. If you get the oppurtunity, let us know what results you come by in the testing. All the best to you and your family.

#3 ROYAL BLUE

ROYAL BLUE

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:08 PM

Well we spent the last month at childrens hospital. It turned out to be Cystic Fibrosis, not Celiac disease.

Not to scare anyone, but, if your symptoms are not greatly improving on the gluten-free diet, maybe look in to CF. According to the CF doctors the symptoms are almost identical. CF is not just a lung disease, it also greatly affects the digestive system.

It is genetic, and my husband, myself and our familys had no idea it was in our family history.

Tracy

#4 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:50 PM

Hi Tracy,

I'm sorry to hear that it is CF. At least you know what it is though. We will keep you in our prayers.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: