- - - - -

Ladies Only

• Please log in to reply

12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:11 AM

Hi! I have a question, I hope to not to gross anyone out, but I'll try to be as eloquent as possible.

Is it possible that one's significant other can spread gluten other than by kissing? I hope you understand which implication I'm making. :unsure:

Thank you,

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:54 AM

OK...I think I should explain further in detail...a certain oral act. I apologize in advance, because this may seem inappropriate, but I figured that other Celiacs would know.

Thanks again,

#3 GEF

GEF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:01 AM

Jill, I thought that is what you were inferring ;) However, I don't know what the answer to this would be. It's a good question.

Gretchen

#4 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:42 PM

:P Thanks for replying, Gretchen!!!

#5 cynicaltomorrow

cynicaltomorrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:07 PM

I would think it would all be okay. Shouldn't gluten have already been absorbed? Since your partner has no problems with gluten, then it shouldn't be part of the bloodstream. That's my 2 cents.

#6 Alexolua

Alexolua

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:57 PM

cynicaltomorrow, she means.. the oral kind, lol.

Jill, I have no clue either.. maybe just have him wash his mouth really well before hand, to be safe?

Or.. hump a loaf of bread to see if there is a reaction? And I'll go hide now. Not exactly a lady either, but thought I'd try to help. =P

#7 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 04:40 AM

Hahhaahahhaaha, yes, I mean the oral kind. I just didn't want to sound offensive or disgusting.

I'll tell my boyfriend to hump a loaf a bread!!! lol! :D

Thank you for responding!

#8 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:00 AM

let me relieve your minds--you cant get gluten from oral sex unless maybe there is some topical lotion you have used--read the ingredients then, but people do not pass gluten on to each other--we wouldnt beable to have sex at all if that were the case :( --its ok---deb :rolleyes:
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#9 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:44 AM

Deb,

Thank you!!!!

#10 cynicaltomorrow

cynicaltomorrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 09:29 AM

cynicaltomorrow, she means.. the oral kind, lol.

I knew that.. I was just thinking.. the other way around. B)

#11 Alexolua

Alexolua

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 11:44 AM

Ahhhh!!! LOL

I follow ya. =P

darlindeb25 -> I think her concern was if he recently ate something with gluten in it, since kissing can cause someone to get glutened.. and if he, well.. performed it on her. Sounds like yer thinking the other way around too?

Unless I'm wrong, reading it that way. Sorry! =)

Jill, I don't think you need to worry about sounding disgusting, considering how some here talk about certain bodily functions, lol.

#12 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:13 PM

:D you're very welcome jill and i guess i didnt misunderstand your guestion--my man always brushes his teeth if he has eaten something he knows i cant have, so i have always felt very safe in that respect--its a give and take situation--deb :rolleyes:
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#13 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 06:32 PM

Alexolua hit the nail on the head---recent Gluten ingestion before The Deed is what I was hinting at!!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: