17 replies to this topic

#16 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

Don't just assume that they're blowing you off - you're in somewhat controversial territory with the subject matter, and their customer support is designed to help the general public. If they can't help you, it may well be best to avoid their products, but it may be somewhere between ignorance and disagreement, rather than conspiracy. :D (yes, yes, I'm exaggerating. :) )

Totally in agreement.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 HawkFire

HawkFire

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:11 AM

I'm only using single ingredient products to construct my own bread from now on. I think it's appalling that the food industry is so greedy as to mass poison/experiment on human beings. I just watched that guy from Frasier doing a segment on the TODAY show about alzheimers and how his father and grandfather had it and how so many many many more people are coming down with it nowadays. Why? He talked about possibilities... genetics? How about we kill off neurons in our brains until we trigger our propensity for neurological dysfunction? Why is it that people see chemically created pills as medicine, but fail to view food = laden with chemicals = as having the same power?
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

#18 GFAngel

GFAngel

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

Hello all. I don't post very often, but I'm always reading. Today I was trying to find info regarding Spirulina and somehow I got linked to this MSG (which also interests me) thread. I know it has been a while since the last post, but for someone else, I hope this might add to the conversation:

"Your Health" is a show produced by the good doctor, Dr. Becker from TX. www.bioinnovations.net He has special guests about natural ways to support our bodies. He's a lymphoma cancer survivor. He loves Noni juice, oregano oil and supplements to add to our whole food diets (which includes whole grains :P ), but anyway, from my celiac diagnosis was born a love of reading about celiac, which has turned into learning about absorbing nutrients/nutrition and his show is worthy of my time. I'm a fatty celiac - need to lose a lot of weight - and find that any flours are not my friends at this time. I'm having a hard time giving up my dairy (cheese & Yoplait cherry addiction). You know what they say: if you love it, you're probably allergic to it. :( Here's the exerpt I typed from the show for my blog: Actually, it's very long. I'm just going to give you my blog address to read it, if that's okay. The blog date entry is: Monday, July 23, 2007. Please let me know if you find any discrepancies and I will certainly rectify the error.

http://www.sparkpeop...?blog_id=667385

or check out http://www.RussellBlaylockMD.com - he has a book about nutrition and wellness.

Hawkfire: I had dementia with celiac - and I swear it's got to be related to Alzheimer's disease. What's the difference? My FIL I'm sure had undiagnosed celiac when he died 2 yrs ago from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He had my same celiac symptoms: hypothyroid, pernicious anemia (I'm just B12 deficient as of right now), depression, eczema. He lost a lot of weight and they couldn't find out what was wrong with him (sound familiar?) before finally finding the cancer. He was 72 and a recovered alcoholic (I'm not alcoholic, I don't touch the stuff, but that's because my FATHER was alcoholic -- see the connection?). Anyway, his mother died with Alzheimer's (I can't recall exact COD). Her mother died from "anemia."

Support your gut/support your immune system: http://www.bodyecology.com
*Childhood/teen symptoms: canker sores, eczema, achey and sore muscles, insomnia, irritable, nail biter, depression, fatigued sooner than peers

*1988-age 28: Fatigue during pregnancy - had to take 2 hour naps to get through day
*1996-age 35.6: Dx hypothyroid
*Low hemoglobin for 10 years that I have documented blood test results (chronic fatigue - doctors said to "eat well and exercise" -- didn't work).
*Feb 1, 2006-age 44.10 Dx celiac (went for colonscopy due to low iron saturation and serum ferritin iron tests. Colonscopy clear. I asked for the endoscopy=partial villous atrophy. Blood tests confirmed dx after biopsy.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: