6 replies to this topic

#1 BeckyW

BeckyW

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

I was wondering are the Freeda Vitamins soy free? It does not specfically say that it is soy free in the catalog.

Thank you!

Becky

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ENF

ENF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

I was wondering are the Freeda Vitamins soy free? It does not specfically say that it is soy free in the catalog.

Thank you!

Becky

Somebody in this thread, http://www.glutenfre...showtopic=23707, said that they are in post #9.

They have a store in NYC which I will be visiting soon.
Celiac diagnosis from positive blood work & endoscope (2005)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 Subtype 2,8 (double Celiac genes)

#3 BeckyW

BeckyW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:10 AM

Somebody in this thread, http://www.glutenfre...showtopic=23707, said that they are in post #9.

They have a store in NYC which I will be visiting soon.

#4 BeckyW

BeckyW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

Thank you for the information! Enjoy your shopping trip there. The vitamins looked good and listed everything they were free of, I was just surprised they didn't list them as soy free also.

#5 Generalbrock

Generalbrock

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Not to necro an old thread, but I used this information when I bought vitamins recently (just recently diagnosed with celiac, soy intolerance etc.). Long story short, I had a wicked reaction and contacted the company. Unfortunately many of the vitamins contain soy and corn, so watch out anyone buying these vitamins.

They do state that there isn't much soy and corn left after the processing, but it is still there if you're sensitive like me or have an allergy.

#6 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Any info on this thread is really out of date- more than 5 years old.  Poducts change in that period of time.  Please re-check any ingredients before buying.

Having soy and corn does not mean they contain gluten.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#7 Generalbrock

Generalbrock

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

True enough, though I never thought products would change that quickly (still new to this). And this post is the top link for vitamins and celiac in Google, so I'm sure more people are stumbling on this post looking for a gluten free and soy free vitamins. I didn't want anyone else to have a very bad few days like me. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: