Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Protein Powder

8 posts in this topic

What is the best gluten free protein powder?

Ads by Google:

I love GenSoy Protien Powder. gluten-free and wonderful taste.

Does anyone know of any whey protein powders that are gluten free? In the past, I have used GNC mega whey protein, but I called the company and they stated that there may be trace amounts of gluten in the product. I am now looking for a replacement.

Thanks.

Coltrane

I love GenSoy Protien Powder. gluten-free and wonderful taste.

"The best" depends on what you're looking for -

I'm fond of help protein powder, as I try to keep my soy consumption down, and it has a good fat ratio.

I also like rice protein powder for the taste in smoothies.

There's a quinoa/millet powder that is interesting in smoothies as well.

All of Jay Robb's protein powders are gluten free...I like the chocolate and vanilla whey powders the best, they also have chocolate and vanilla egg whilte protein...the powders smell like cake batter! But they aren't quite as tasty as the whey ones. The whey also comes in Strawberry, and maybe some other flavors, also unflavored. He also makes some protein/sport bars that are gluten free. jayrobb.com for info and also can buy on Amazon.

Melie

I am also soy intolerant, so it rules out most commercial protiens. I ended up with Now egg white protien powder. I mix it 2:1 with pure dextrose. The egg whites have no taste, and the dextrose makes it taste like sugar water. I prefer it to the commercial whey protiens I have gagged down over the years.

Pacific Labs also makes Endurox, which is gluten free, but not soy free. I really liked that until it started giving me issues.

What is the best gluten free protein powder?

Optimum Nutrition told me about a year ago all their whey flavors are gluten free except cookies and cream (it has cookie crumbs in it). I always get their double chocolate which is delicious. They also have enzymes in there to help out those who are lactose intolerant.

http://www.Lame Advertisement/store/opt/whey.html

I just tried Jay Robb's vanilla egg white protein--24g per scoop, 0g fat, 2g carb, sweetened with stevia. It's quite good, but expensive. I ordered a small one to try it out, but it's cheaper to order the big 80oz size. I've heard his whey protein is good, too.