#1 HAPPY DOG SUZ

HAPPY DOG SUZ

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:22 AM

:( Aloha
I have a sore upper stomach on the right side to the touch and also when I eat somthing somtimes it hurts all the way down and then just aches for a while then somtimes goes away is this common until Im healed? been gluten-free 1 month
Thanks Suzanne

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pamelaD

pamelaD

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:28 AM

Try aleo vera gel!
It realy soothes the throat/tummy/etc... I recommend the GEL, not the JUICE (works better, I think). Swallow a couple of tablespoons, or mix some with a little juice (it doesn't taste all that good, unfortunately). You should be able to find it at health food stores. Whole foods has it in the herb section. It comes in a plastic bottle- refrigerate after opening.
Good Luck,
Pam

#3 hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:07 AM

Just a thought . . . .I had pain in the upper right of my stomach almost under my rib cage. Turns out it was a bad gallbladder. It was never a excrutiating pain or anything like the gallbladder attacks that have been described to me. If your pain continous you may want to talk to a Gastorinterologist - preferably one who knows about Celiacs.

#4 strack2004

strack2004

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:25 PM

I have had my gallbladder removed and still have the same pain I had before, under my right rib cage in the center, going up my esophagus and across my upper ab to the right. It is a burning sensation. Also travels up to my right shoulder blade vicinity. Antacids sometimes help for an hour or so, but not enough to make it worth spending on prescriptions. Dr. said after endoscope exam that there was slight irritation there but not enough to warrant continually taking antacides unless I want to . Cheers Strack 2004, Ruth

#5 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:03 PM

I agree what everyone says about getting your gall bladder checked, I had mine checked too and it was clear. I recently went to the GI doc and my entire abdomen was very tender. My GI said he thinks that I have "inflammation of my intestinal wall".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: