This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Reese's......the Small Ones

celiac3270

celiac3270 Collaborator

Hi,

I have a quick question....I know that the regular-sized Reese's are gluten-free. How about the small ones? (the ones wrapped in orangy foil that are bite-sized).....thanks...oh, just out of interest, does anyone know about the other varieties? (white choc., inside out, etc.). Thanks :)

-celiac3270

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BRCoats Enthusiast

celiac3270,

The small pb cups are gluten-free. I eat them with no problems (and I believe that info is on the delphiforum). I don't know about the others you've mentioned.

Happy eating. :-)

Brenda

celiac3270 Collaborator

Thanks....those were the ones I wanted to find out about the most :)

-C

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Last year during some holiday (Easter?) I picked up a bag of the small ones and it clearly listed wheat on the ingredients. . .I have never seen it on the regular ones though. . .but I never eat them so who knows. . .I just didn't buy them that trip and was suprised to see it.

BRCoats Enthusiast

Hmm....could it have changed since Easter??? Now I'm confused!!! :o

celiac3270, I hope you didn't get sick from eating them! I eat them with no problem, and I'm pretty sensitive.

Brenda

celiac3270 Collaborator

No, I haven't had them yet. I'm wondering if Kristina is referring to the "Reese's Pieces"? I'll definitely check the packaging for ingredients, though, before I ever eat any.

Why would I refer to reeses pieces in a tiny reeses cup thread? C'mon celiac3270.

I think it was just an Easter thing since I haven't seen it since.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Lol :D okay

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Reeses pieces are gluten-free also, last time I checked :) ENJOY!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

lovegrov Collaborator

With all Reeses candies, just read the ingredients.

richard

lilliexx Contributor

i dont understand why the small ones would have gluten and not the big ones...arent they the same?? i thought it was just a size difference. (i wouldnt think they would use different ingredients.)

Sometimes during holidays and such when they do special ones they change things around. . .that's why I was saying to be careful.

plantime Contributor

MySuicidalTurtle is right: at holiday time, ingredients can change. Companies want to shake things up a bit and get consumers to buy their product, so the formulations are sometimes a little different. Just remember to always read the labels!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Ooh.....scary...thanks for the warning about holiday products--that's annoying! And as of right now, they don't even need to change their labels! Oh well, 2 more years.....

Guest gillian502

If some Reeces are gluten-free, and other Reeces list wheat, then isn't there too much of a cross-contamination issue to eat any of them anyway? Surely they are run on the same lines during manufacturing.

They could but they may not. . .

celiac3270 Collaborator

I think that there are far too many foods processed in non-dedicated plants or on non-dedicated lines for us to avoid those foods. In many of the bigger, non-specialty food companies, the products are produced in factories that also produce gluten-containing products. Therefore, to avoid those foods would be to avoid most mainstream products including FritoLays, etc. I'm paranoid, but I realize that there isn't much I can do about that and it's a risk we all take.

plantime Contributor

Most companies will also produce the gluten-free stuff before the wheatful things, to limit cross-contamination. It is a possiblilty, though, and like celiac3270 says, it's a risk we take. Each of us needs to weigh the risks, and decide for ourselves if it is worth it. For instance, I eat Quaker oatmeal, even though there is a risk of field contamination. I would not get any kind of cereal except Malt-O-Meal corn pops if I did not. The only risk with Quaker is field contamination, and I can not do anything about that. Technically, it is a risk for everything, even rice. It just depends on how much risk you are willing to take.

stargirl Apprentice

White chocolate Reese's are gluten free. We called about them a couple months ago. Happy snacking!

Archived