1 reply to this topic

#1 typhoontyty

typhoontyty

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:54 PM

Hello. My son Tyson recently tested positive for the IgA and IgG antibodies; and we are going to see a GI doctor this week. He has been gluten free for about 2 weeks now. Prior to going gluten-free he was having 8 mucousy, horrible smelling diapers a day and was very gassy, bloated and irritable. Now I think his mood is better; but he still is having some mucousy diapers. They are less; like only 3 a day at most. So I am wondering if he is still getting exposed to gluten? He absolutely LOVES his chunky board books; and loves to chew on them (he is working on some molars :( There are several of his books that he has 'shredded'; and I know he swallows bits of cardboard. Anyone heard of gluten in board books? Renee

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 momof2

momof2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:14 PM

Your posting made me laugh! I haven't checked with the ingredients on board books yet! Tee hee! I have a 16 month old who has celiac disease. She manages to get her mouth on quite a few things that I have a feeling are not gluten-free. The only thing that keeps me from losing my mind, is the fact that I know in a couple of years, she will know not to put her mouth on everything! Good Luck with finding out that info!
Christi
Daughter diagnosed with Celiac at 14 months old in June 2004.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: